IFS is searching for an experienced Systems Engineer to focus on our IFS Applications product suite providing quality support to our new and existing clients resulting in superior customer satisfaction. IFS Applications is a leading fully functional ERP suite. The Systems Engineer is responsible for the triage of customer reported issues with the core IFS Applications product suite focusing on the Oracle database, application framework infrastructure and IT infrastructure. This position requires a strong customer focus with significant customer interaction.Responsibilities
· Support internal and external customers by resolving issues logged via our case management tool.
· Work independently using experience, professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
· Maintain active case load, keeping all records up to date and current on progress and status.
· Work directly with R&D registering new software faults for the R&D supported versions of the IFS software.
· Be active with the IFS Community answering questions related to the Technology areas of the IFS Application suite.
· Assist in mentoring other support analysts, building their skills in the IFS software and familiarity with internal tools and procedures.
· Stay current on knowledge of new IFS functionality and technology in area of expertise.
· Play active role in QA testing new releases of the IFS software.
· Participate in IFS Product reference groups, aimed at improving product functionality and sharing product knowledge.
· Travel is generally not required for this position.Qualifications
· Must be a US citizen with the ability to work with ITAR sensitive customer issues
· Oracle DBA experience
· Modern application infrastructure with Microsoft and Java(Oracle WebLogic) as the platform for business applications
· Good understanding of modern IT architecture and concepts, including servers, operating systems, virtualization, and networking
· Experience with SSO/SSL
· Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and SSRS a plus
· Familiarity with cloud computing a plus
· Familiarity with the IFS product suite a plus
· Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
· Present a professional image to the customer
· Manage time and set priorities for tasks
· Practice effective self-managementEducation and/or Experience:
· BBA in MIS or BS in Computer Science with Systems Engineering emphasis or equivalent work experience.
· Oracle DBA experience
· 3-5 years’ experience in a DBA or other Systems Engineering role
· Experience with ERP applications a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO/AA/m/f/d/v. We are a Drug Free Workplace.
Interested candidates should apply at http://www.ifsworld.com/na/careers/.
Additional InformationIFS FACT
IFSdevelopsand delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together withcommitment to our customers, has made us a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of4,000 employees supports more than 10,000 customers worldwide from a network of local offices and through our growing ecosystem of partners. For more information, visit: IFS.com