Wood Mackenzie is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Senior Account Manager to take responsibility for developing our strategic client relationships and delivering commercial success in Nigeria. It is an exciting time to join WoodMac as a Senior Account Manager – as we develop our next generation, data analysis & visualization platform, utilized by our corporate customers to drive billion-dollar decisions. Our Senior Account Managers will play a pivotal role in supporting the growth of this new platform and delivering organisational success.
An accomplished Senior Account Manager at Wood Mackenzie gains a deep understanding of our clients, their needs and ensures they extract highest value from Wood Mackenzie's research. If this sounds like you, if you have experience selling complex data products and thrive on the challenges and satisfaction of winning, and if you want to work for a company that has a significant and growing impact in the world, we want to hear from you!Role Purpose
The Account Management team is a key driver for sales execution and performance across existing and new accounts. You will be instrumental for the achievement of sales targets as well as the effective use of resources to achieve targets. Your client portfolio will include a diverse set of customers in key Wood Mackenzie markets. This is your opportunity to truly partner with the firm’s critical clients.
Your role will focus on retaining clients in Nigeria and English speaking SS African countries through a variety of mechanisms, including face-to-face meetings, phone conversations and utilising web-based solutions. You will excel at recognising up-sell and cross-sell opportunities within these accounts from both a research and consulting perspective and partner with the wider regional portfolio teams to realise these opportunities. You will also coach and upskill more junior members of the team, sharing your knowledge and experience of best practice.About the Day to Day Responsibilities of the Role
- Develop a comprehensive portfolio plan considering macro & micro economic factors that could impact the customer buying cycle
- Pro-actively manage and maximise the commercial growth of the portfolio to aligned with regional priorities
- Successfully identify customers amongst the portfolio that present the best opportunity for growth through cross-sell and up-sell
- Represents Wood Mackenzie at conferences and professional organizations to expand brand recognition and promote business development activities
- Effective client engagement and understanding of critical client business growth potential and how the Wood Mackenzie suite of products supports the client’s growth
- Present continuous feedback to the business of how to improve our service to customers inside of assigned portfolio as well as gathering relevant competitive intelligence
- Support new product and service development launches
- Be the voice of the customer to internal stakeholders and the voice of Wood Mackenzie to the customer
- Effective partnering with the broader organization to include marketing, training, client services, research and consulting.
- Effectively manage the business pipeline to ensure accurate Salesforce forecasting
QualificationsAbout You and How You Can Excel in This Role
To be successful in this role you should already have strong senior relationships and be capable of quickly building on these with senior clients. Strong domain knowledge and a proven track record of driving commercial results are important. It will be beneficial if you have some knowledge of the energy & commodity markets
You will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Significant experience in client facing or Account Management role, preferably in an international business environment
- An extensive commercial track record in developing clients and establishing a trusted advisory relationship
- Experience working in the energy sector, and knowledge of the professional research and consultancy services will also be beneficial.
- High levels of self-motivation and tenacity
- Excellent negotiation and selling skills as well as a results oriented mindset
- Outstanding judgment in resource utilisation and optimisation
- A passion for growing the business and have a genuine interest in developing and growing themselves
- Have an intellectual curiosity about how data and analysis, solves critical business issues
- Show effective organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage own workload effectively
- Strong relationship management skills, including the ability to make senior level presentations
- The ability to work autonomously; giving research demonstrations, creating opportunities, developing and closing deals
- The person must be comfortable with a high profile both internally and externally
- Previous experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce would be an advantage
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.