You will be part of the Bioinformatics Software Test team for the Lunar 1 program. You will be leading software testing efforts for the software that is used in the clinical laboratory to process patient samples and analyze their genomic profiles, helping to find the right treatment options for cancer patients based on a simple blood draw. Own overall testing and quality of the technologies for which you are responsible. Design and develop effective automated tests for new and existing product features. Drive investigation and analysis of issues and work closely with development, project management and cross-functional partners to drive excellent quality aligned with release schedulesEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Estimate , prioritize , plan and coordinate software test and releases based on product needs independently.
● Lead and manage a team of software test engineers.
● Manage test automation roadmap for the project
● Work closely with bioinformatics software test engineers and members of the bioinformatics group to develop test cases that ensure the quality of bioinformatics software used in CLIA, CAP, NYDOH, and FDA regulated environments.
● Participate in requirements and design review meetings to create comprehensive, automated test strategies/plans for bioinformatics software leading to successful implementation and timely project completion.
● Work with the algorithm development team to understand functional specifications, identify and design test cases for sequence analysis software including alignment, variant calling, and annotation software.
● Work with cross-functional teams, and support integration and regression testing of Bioinformatics software.
● Execute complex testing, perform in-depth statistical analysis, and interpret results independently.
● Design, create, enhance, and maintain bioinformatics data simulators and automated testing framework to ensure excellent testing coverage.
● Provide written documentation and specifications of software products and services.
● Provide mentorship and coaching to other team members for designing test strategies and test cases with strong knowledge of molecular biology, oncology and bioinformatics.
● Report, track, and escalate anomalies discovered during testing (All testing phases) and ensure closure on issues
● A minimum of 1 yearof experience as a manager of software QA team.
● Strong understanding of sequencing data, annotations, and standard bioinformatics tools e.g. samtools, picard, snpEff.
● 5+ years of hands on experience with programming and scripting languages such as Python, C, R, Matlab, shell and RDBMS (SQL or Oracle) and software dev/QA in Linux environment.
● 5+ years of experience in verifying algorithms, workflow or data analysis software.
● 5+ years of hands on experience in scripting, running, analyzing, and refining automation frameworks for comprehensive and full application testing, including API testing.
● Hands-on-experience of test case management tools like JIRA , JAMA.
● Hands-on experience with test automation and CI tools like Robot Framework and Jenkins and best practices for scalability and maintainability.
● Excellent organizational and people skills with the ability to work across functions to ensure successful integration testing.
● Knowledge of molecular biology, genetics, and genomics
● Experience working in a regulated environment (CLIA, CAP, NYDOH, and FDA).
● Proven ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and appropriate existing technologies. Description
● Ability to work on multiple projects and issues concurrently
● Ability to find creative solutions to complex technical and organizational challengesPreferred:
● Strong Understating of NGS error modalities
● Experience with leadingEducation:
Master’s or PhD in Bioinformatics/ CS or equivalent with relevant work experience.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants.