This position is planned to work out of our new San Diego location. However,initialtraining may require the incumbent to work out of Guardant Health headquartersin Redwood City, CA.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer diagnostics through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Senior/Staff Research Associate to help develop novel technologies for early detection and MRD with next-generation sequencing in a regulated environment.
As a Senior/ Staff Research Associate supporting research into innovative assays and technologies for oncology diagnostics, you will work within the Technology Development Team as well as interface cross functionally with other teams including process engineering, clinical operations, research operations, and bioinformatics. You will be hands on in the lab and be required to design, implement, and optimize new liquid biopsy assays for the early diagnosis and monitoring of all cancer types.Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, test and optimize new NGS-based high-throughput assays for oncology diagnostics
- Work in a team environment to identify areas for improvement in NGS assay work streams, then propose and implement solutions
- Troubleshoot error modes in a research setting
- Synthesize large datasets and extract relevant trends using NGS data analysis tools (Python, R, IGV)
- Operate NGS instruments
- Log and track research samples throughout sequencing workflow
- Maintain appropriate inventory of lab supplies
- Present data, proposals, and progress in various forums and to technical and non-technical audiences
- Train junior team members
- Ensure all work is performed and documented in compliance with applicable regulatory and quality practices (CLIA/CAP, IVD (Design Control), ISO13485)
- BS or MS in biology, chemistry or related disciplines with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience or PhD
- Strong background in molecular biology and nucleic acid chemistry
- Solid foundation in laboratory techniques including sample preparation for NGS
- Proven track record of independent experimental planning, execution and data interpretation
- Analytical mindset to dissect complex problems, develop hypotheses, test them, synthesize results to inform solutions.
- Team player who enjoys working in a collaborative environment to accomplish large projects
- Demonstrated ability to document and communicate scientific data to an interdisciplinary audience
- Ability to adapt and be successful in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with cell-free nucleic acid NGS assays
- Experience with DNA methylation methods and analysis
- Multi-omic NGS assay experience
- Experience with multi-parameter flow-cytometry/FACS/mass-cytometry
- Experience with single-cell assays (NGS or other)
- Experience with multiplex proteomic assays (e.g. mass spec, luminex)
- Experience working with FFPE
- Assay development for automated liquid handling platforms experience
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants.