The Accounting Manager will be responsible for accounting, policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP and SEC requirements, focused on the company’s sales, cost of goods sold and inventory related workstreams.
This role requires strong partnership and collaboration with the supply chain and international business teams to drive accurate accounting, financial reporting and processes for inventory. This position is responsible for managing day-to-day operations, accounting and reporting, and contributes to the development and implementation of best practices and process improvements within the accounting and financial reporting processes.Specific Responsibilities
- Play a key role in the month-end financial statement close process by preparing, reviewing and analyzing inventory-related entries and account reconciliations.
- Own and ensure accuracy of inventory costing, valuation, reserve calculations and significant estimates.
- Perform detailed reviews of cost of goods sold accounts for proper accruals, coding and accounting. Investigate reporting discrepancies and anomalies, and communicate issues in a timely manner.
- Partner with FP&A team and business department owners to understand the key financial drivers and variances.
- Proactively, work cross-functionally throughout the organization.
- Review existing processes and systems to assist in the identification of improvement opportunities with a focus on simplification, standardization and operational efficiefcies, especially the reduction of manual activities.
- Establish, implement and document new policies and procedures related to inventory and ensure related financial transactions are executed in accordance with GAAP principles.
- Continually develop and improve month end close and financial reporting procedures and help drive the reduction of the close timeline by assessing and streamlining close-related activities.
- Support quarterly reviews and annual financial statement audits.
- Work closely with the Assistant Controller & Global Controller with other responsibilities including participation and management of special projects, ERP enhancements, internal controls, and ad hoc analyses as requested.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA license preferred
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience, with a mix of private and public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with an SEC registered company, international experience a plus
- Industry experience in retail, consumer products and/or manufacturing
- Highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization
- Experience with systems integrations and development of automated processes
- Strong systems skills, must be comfortable analyzing and manipulating large data sets, as well as experience with ERP and reporting tools
- Ability to effectively communicate clear and concise ideas verbally and in writing
- Superior problem-solving skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for thejobposition, to perform the essential functions
Additional InformationPhysical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.