Designing a better world is more than a career, it’s a calling! Come work with a team of professionals dedicated to design excellence at Coffman Engineers’ San Diego office.
Coffman Engineers is seeking a highly skilled, self-motivated Electrical Designer to join our team in applying engineering skills to a variety of diverse and challenging projects for our San Diego office. The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience in the design and drafting of power, lighting, and systems for federal/DOD, commercial, healthcare, educational, industrial, multi-family, and high-rise facilities.
- Two years of technical school with specific design training, or 2 to 3 years of design and drafting experience. (Graduation from a certified CAD training program at an accreditedinstitution counts as one year of experience.)
- Technical/Associate degree in engineering or related science preferred.
- Proficient in computer-aided drafting (CAD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Perform design work without supervision.
- Knowledgeable with electrical calculations.
- Knowledge of National and California Electrical Code.
Additional InformationWhy You Want To Work Here
Coffman Engineers is a company that truly focuses on its employees. We support and encourage individually tailored professional and technical advancement as well as personal growth. We offer an excellent salary/benefits package, a desirable location, and a professional office environment with the opportunity to work with a collaborative team. Our office provides several engineering discipline services, which work together collaboratively to provide complete engineering design packages.
Coffman offers a flexible PTO program, a fun office environment with a high-performing young team and a fully stocked kitchen! Our San Diego office is located in Mission Valley, walking distance from Fashion Valley Mall, and only a 15-minute drive from the Gaslamp Quarter and the beach! We welcome the dedicated and the driven to join us.
Don’t take our word for it. Check out what others are saying: http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Coffman-Engineers-Reviews-E409809.htmCoffman at a Glance:
- 40 years in business
- 500+ employees serving clients throughout the U.S. and overseas from more than 16 locations
- Multi-discipline engineering services plus corrosion control, commissioning and project/construction management
- #27 Top 80 Engineering Firms, Building Design+Construction, 2019
- #177 Top 500 Design Firms, Engineering News-Record, 2019
You must apply online for this position. If you are unable to complete our online application process, or if you need assistance to do so, let us know so we can provide a reasonable accommodation.
If you are experiencing problems applying through our system, please try again using a different browser or an updated version of your current browser. If that doesn't work, please contact us directly.
This position is direct with Coffman Engineers; we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled individuals.Follow Us!