- Under general supervision and working within defined operation parameters, conducts bulk organic synthesis in the Kilo Lab and large scale chromatographic separations in Separation Sciences Pilot Plant.
- Implements cGMP procedures and safe handling techniques of reactive chemicals, intermediates, solvents and waste streams.
- Reads, understands and records all information in GMP batch records as well as laboratory notebooks
- Maintains accurate records with an absolute focus on quality and compliance
- Sound grasp of basic mathematical calculations (e.g., ability to calculate volumes, areas and density conversions) is required
- Cleans and maintains mechanical and processing equipment as needed while supporting a GMP qualified maintenance program
- Supports operations occur on first and second shift schedule (current schedule rotates weekly between these two shifts), with occasional weekend and third shift coverage depending on business need
- B.S, in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, orequivalent
Experience in thermal dynamics and flow chemistry and in GMP manufacturing of API is preferred
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, andapositive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- 2+ years of industry or pharmaceutical experience
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Groton, CTare encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays