· Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures and systems to ensure accounting transactions are properly accounted for, and reports are prepared and analyzed on a timely basis.
· Responsible for applying appropriate accounting standards, guidance and interpretations to financial transactions in order to comply with generally accepted accounting principles and/or statutory accounting principles.
· Responsible for the accounting policies, procedures, and entries related to banking, treasury, and investment activity of all Life of the South companies.
· Directly accountable for managing the completion of all insurance company quarterly and annual statutory statements, including the preparation of necessary journal entries, related general ledger reconciliations, and preparation & submission of statements to the NAIC and all applicable states.
· Directly accountable for managing the completion of all supplemental reporting/filings for all insurance companies.
· Ten plus years’ experience in Statutory and GAAP accounting.
· Experience preparing, filing and submitting quarterly and annual statements
· Experience with management, development and motivating of staff
· Knowledge with Property/Casualty products, Reinsurance contracts/products and an exposure to credit protection & other related products.
· Advanced knowledge and understanding of statutory accounting principles and fundamentals
· Strong analytic characteristics
Additional InformationFull benefit package including medical, dental, life, company paid short/long term disability, 401(k), tuition assistance and more.
Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/Fortegra