Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com .
PDR is responsible for 3rd party content acquisition, account, and portfolio management within North America, with a mission focus on advocacy, ambassadorship, and amplification of quality licensed content for Nintendo platforms.
The Product Marketing team is looking for a Product Marketing Specialist, to help develop and launch campaign strategies. This role focuses on both the design and execution of our 3rd party marketing campaign strategy and will partner closely with the Assistant Manager, Campaign Strategy. If you have experience developing end to end product launch campaigns, existing industry knowledge, and a true passion for entertainment and gaming then we want to hear from you!
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Ideates, advocates for, and executes 3rd party marketing opportunities that deliver meaningful consumer engagement and sell-through
- Partners closely with Asst. Manager, Campaign Strategy and internal / external stakeholders to facilitate the development and execution of marketing campaigns for select 3rd party titles through regular interaction with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders and executional leads
- Works closely with partners on select 3rd party titles to document and communicate their marketing strategy—including overall marketing priorities, key product messaging, and target audiences—and help optimize their plans
- Supervises the strategic integration of select 3rd party titles into broader campaigns that drive awareness, engagement, and sell-through of Nintendo hardware and software
- Manages 3rd party Sales and Deals calendar and strategic integration of 3rd party content at retail (DRI/Non-POSA, etc.) in alignment with strategy set by Asst. Manager, Campaign Strategy
- Oversees acquisition, review, distribution, and cataloging of marketing assets
- Creates and executes marketing funding agreements / Action Memos, reviews / approves invoices, and manages budgets
- Evaluates effectiveness of marketing investments and adjusts plans accordingly to continuously improve ROI and deliver on PDR business goals. As part of this work, supervises the generation and analysis of applicable reports on an ongoing and ad hoc basis and drives recommendations based on said learnings
- Acts as a compelling representative and advocate of PDR marketing and departmental priorities / goals with internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitates support of initiatives generated by NOA Sales and Marketing teams that involve 3 rd party content
- Analyzes and understands market / consumer / retailer / industry trends
- Briefs internal and external stakeholders on priority initiatives in a timely and productive manner
- Provides internal product demonstrations
- Evaluates games in various stages of development to assess product quality, demand potential, and alignment with strategic objectives
- Works closely in cooperation with external and internal stakeholders to ensure assets and marketing materials are accurate and consistent with key messaging and strategy
- Works with highly confidential information in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment that requires scheduling flexibility during peak seasons
- Up to 15% travel
- Other duties as assigned
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Solid understanding of marketing technologies, business principles and practices
- Proven experience in end-to-end project management under strict and tight time constraints
- Proven experience with managing and maintaining project budgets
- Proven experience working with cross-discipline teams (PR, Advertising, CRM, Retail, Web, etc.)
- Familiarity with Nintendo’s platforms, IP, and 3rd party content strongly preferred
- Software proficiencies: Advanced Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams; online tools and systems, with emphasis on Oracle Tools and Confluence
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business Administration, a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.