At Square, The Referral Partnerships team manages the end-to-end strategy, creation, and management of Square’s Referral Partner program. The Business Development Manager role develops and executes strategies to sign new referral Partners that benefit Square. You will be focused on recruiting and signing referral Partners to sell Square’s products into their customer bases, working with Square’s Sales and Product teams. You will become an expert on how Square’s products and value propositions can enhance the way Partner’s refer/sell commerce solutions for sellers. This is an exciting opportunity to work with Square Partners across an omni-channel commerce ecosystem.This is an imperative role on the Referral Partnerships team. You can rapidly iterate the referral program from a test and learn methodology, aligning incentives to create a positive Partner and seller experience, ability to empathize and understand how Partners work with sellers, and a desire to achieve significant growth in our business.
- Source and sign new referral partners to influence the use of commerce technology by new sellers.
- Develop Square's referral partner strategy; assess new markets and industries to sign partners with a similar profile.
- Work with teams across product management, account management, seller support, and sales to identify and pursue potential Partners.
- Collaborate with Partner management to ensure Partner strategies align with operational and support capabilities.
- Oversee Partner acquisition and success metrics.
- Work independently, and enjoy value-creation with Partners.
- A compelling and inspired vision and sense of common purpose. A willingness to look beyond what’s possible today.
- Built successful relationships with external parties; worked with business owners and executives to explore new opportunities.
- Managed cross-functional projects with multiple stakeholders; set clear milestones and held people (and self) accountable to goals
- 5+ years of professional experience, including 2+ years of business development experience with a partnerships focus, preferably with experience signing new partners.
- Direct channel experience a plus
- Experience evaluating opportunities with regard to impact on strategy, brand, finance and operations
- Experience working with or for companies that focus on selling commerce solutions, including payments, POS, eCommerce, SaaS tools, Internet connectivity, and other B2B technology
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources