Job DescriptionSUMMARY: The Inside Sales Coordinator is the main point of contact for the North American Area Managers. It is the responsibility of the Sales Coordinator to ensure prompt responses to questions asked by Area Managers and ensure the accuracy of documents sent to customers on behalf of Syntegon. The position requires interacting with customers on the telephone and e-mail for pre-order and order resolution. The Basic Function Objectives Include:
- Actively promote the sale of new products to customers / potential users.
- Construct quotations for customers (includes: agents/ distributors and international subsidiaries), with the provided configuration and quoting tools and systems developed. Promote applications within the system, but discuss and follow up on requirements outside of the Master BOM with application engineering.
- Promote, develop and maintain machinery knowledge
- Maintenance of order tracking activity, through to shipment of the new equipment.
- Ensure smooth and efficient communication between departments.
- Ensure efficient and timely communication with the customer or Area Manger during the inquiry, quotation and order process (i.e. Order Acknowledgement, Order Confirmation, Invoicing, FAT process).
- Promote the overall goodwill of the Company and its subsidiaries in your business activities.
- Coordinate pre-order testing with application center.
- Identify proper product applications for individual customer inquiries.
- Coordinate follow-up activities with Area Managers, with regard to customers' / new potential users' cold calling facility for information and machinery proposals.
- Initiate direct contact with Sales Engineering to develop concepts for potential systems applications.
- Augment Area Manager sales work by participation (from time to time) in field sales meetings with potential customers, to engage in discussions about particular applications.
- Obtain from Area Manager and/or customer complete information with regard to new machinery orders.
- Prepare all information for new machine orders to internal staff, via RPO system so that each order can be efficiently and properly processed.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of project proposals.
- Process inquiries received from Area Managers and international subsidiary estimating and coordinate with them to produce concepts and cost to support the quotation process.
- Work with accounting to review customer letters of credit, contracts, and specifications to ensure requirements and schedule can be met. Request amendments as needed.
- Sales Administrator must develop/ maintain knowledge of relevant machinery and technical applications.
- Assist Area Managers in customer machine demonstrations and checkout as necessary.
- Conduct Pre-Order Review Meetings.
- Serve as point of contact for Engineering, Manufacturing, and Accounting for questions regarding orders.
- Special projects, as assigned. (Example: Attendance at trade shows or assistance in preparing for them; special reports as required.)
Will travel occasionally for special assignments (ex: trade shows) which requires a valid driver’s license and ability to obtain a passport.
- Must possess a minimum of an Associates degree with at least 2+ years of Sales Support or Customer Service experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Packaging, Industrial or Capital Equipment background preferred
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communications skills, both written and verbal: Ability to work in a diverse, highly collaborative environment. Self-starter that takes initiative to achieve objectives without supervision
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in project management, inter-departmental coordination and process / activity reporting
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Skilled in programs and applications used at location or aptitude to learn.
- Bilingual language skills in Spanish & English is a plus
Syntegon Technology is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.NOTE: All official Syntegon job postings can be found at www.syntegon.com. Successful candidates asked to participate in the hiring process should expect to speak to the hiring team by telephone and in person at one of our Syntegon office locations (Decatur, Oldsmar, Raleigh, New Richmond, Minneapolis and Allendale) prior to the job offer.