Job DescriptionWeek End On Call RN: Friday 5pm thru Monday 8am What You Will Do:
As an on-call and triage nurse for Amedisys hospice you will respond to telephone requests for assistance and perform home visits for hospice and palliative care patients and families in their home setting after-hours and on weekends.
- Answer and respond to incoming calls, referrals, and requests for assistance, completes admissions into care, and make follow-up visits on patients admitted the day prior; as necessary.
- Communicate significant findings, problems, patient’s needs, reports changes in condition or environment to the physician, clinical manager and other members of the hospice care team and obtains physician orders as required.
- Maintain flow of communication between in-house staff, field staff and other departments, for coordination of activities and services.
- Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team in patient care conferences.
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.Unique clinical environment:
Care for terminally ill patients one-on-one in home environment with a highly collaborative team and supportCulture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary teamOngoing support:
Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and moreAdvancement:
Professional development to build skills and opportunities to advanceHealthcare leader:
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home and commitment to clinical excellence
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a registered nurse
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to complete home visits
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Previous home health or hospice experience
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN)
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.