ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 700 employees who provide personalized, patient-centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan.
Serves as team leader of assigned function while also performing the duties of an Laundry Service Lead. The Laundry Services Lead serves as a part of the patient care and support teams. Primary responsibilities include linen services and supplies are fulfilled every day, assisting with and monitoring the work of assigned staff and overseeing quality assurance activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with implementing, evaluating and monitoring of assigned projects; reports barriers to deadline achievement or quality standards to manager.
- Assist in the development of standard work.
- Assist in training to standard work.
- Provide regularly scheduled training in-services to departmental personnel and maintain records of orientation and in-service training programs.
- Participate in facility customer service, performance improvement and infection control programs.
- Monitor all supplies/equipment used in the daily operations of the department, on a regular basis.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work, meetings and trainings, as assigned by manager.
- Assist with developing standard department work aids, such as cleaning and procedure checklists.
- Participates in continuous improvement projects.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Assists with conducting daily, weekly and monthly cleaning inspections of assigned areas, quality assurance inspections in hospital, patient rooms and all common areas to ensure work is up to standard and act promptly when needed.
- Chemical/supply/equipment inventories conducted monthly, order needed items within maintained budget.
- Coordinate spring cleaning projects.
- Assist with conducting regular equipment inspections to determine repair, maintenance needs and cleanliness/safety of equipment, as assigned.
- May assist in evaluating new laundry supplies and equipment needs.
- Assist with conduct the department inventory of laundry supplies on a monthly basis.
Education / Experience / License and Certifications
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED), required.
- A minimum of one year experience in Environmental Services preferred with strong customer service skills.
- Healthcare Environmental Services Technician (CHEST) Train-the-Trainer Program Certification, within 1 year of position start date.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals / specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.