Job DescriptionDo you have a passion for working with the farming & ranching community? Are you a self-starter who thrives on motivating and empowering people? Our newest North 40 Outfitters, a progressive farm and ranch retail store inCoeur D'Alene, ID,is looking for an outgoing and competitive Category Store Manager who can inspire teams and build customer loyalty. As the Category Store Manager, you will be responsible for the customer experience within your category and will ensure we exceed expectations at every touchpoint.
Those who apply will need to have a passion and knowledge for thefollowing departments: Sporting Goods, Gun Sales, Archery, Fishing and Fly Fishing.As our Sporting Goods Category Manager, you will be responsible for assisting store managers, providingoutstanding customer service, generating sales, merchandizing, safeguarding company assets, maintaining store standards, and providing knowledge of products while fostering a fun and engaging work environment for your team. Extensive knowledge of hunting, firearms, and archery, as well as,knowledge in camping, and hiking is needed. If you can handle our fast-paced, demanding environment and have a desire to make an impact in your workplace, we want to talk to you! The ability to work with and lead others within an extremely fast-paced environment is crucial.
We offer a stimulating and challenging work environment, competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, fabulous employee discount and an opportunity to make an impact. Position is full-time; North 40 Outfitters is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Retail management experience; Farm, Gun, and Sporting Goods store experience preferred
- Ability to manage and ensure sales goals are met by tracking, evaluating options, and managing resources
- Skilled in leadership, coaching, and training, sales generation, strategic planning, authentic customer service, conflict resolution, business acumen, time management, POS terminals, and general retail software proficiency
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining detailed and focused
- Ability to communicate effectively and thoroughly and dedicated to connecting, building trust with, and teaching others
- Committed to providing feedback, developing others, embracing and leading change, and making decisions under ambiguity
- A willingness to serve your team and your customer with a “lead by example” mindset and a focus on building up and developing others.
- Ability to build and motivate your team through empowerment, recognition, training, ensuring delegation and resolving any team issues in a timely and professional manner
- Creative problem-solving and an enthusiastic approach to learning
- Availability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which includes closing, weekend, and some holiday shifts.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perform frequent standing, walking, repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and climbing ladders
We get asked a lot, “What is North 40?” If you know who we are, that’s a difficult question to answer because we cover quite a few categories. Our message, “Make a difference in how people experience work and play” is truly our heartbeat here, and if something comes up that doesn’t live up to this, we don’t do it.