Hourly Rate: $14.65 An Hour
JOB SUMMARY: This position performs administrative and financial accounting duties in support of county government operations.
- Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance.
- Renews license plates; collects sales tax; collects property taxes.
- Balances cash drawer daily.
- Stocks license plates.
- Makes daily deposits.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Sends current-year tax file to mortgage companies.
- Assists in coordinating the annual tax sale.
- Balances tax roll.
- Processes state remittances.
- Maintains office supply inventory; oversees the maintenance of office equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting and budgeting principles.
- Knowledge of modern office practices.
- Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Knowledge of the proper handling and management of cash.
- Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
- Skill in performing mathematical calculations.
- Skill in operating computers and other standard office equipment.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Ability to be bonded.
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Mailing Address: Human Resources, 224 S. Main St. STE B-1, Sheridan WY 82801
For additional information please contact Kenny Custis, Human Resources Coordinator at 307-675-2912.
Resumes will be accepted through September 4, 2020.
Sheridan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sheridan County Clerk and Recorder