The Family Support Assistant follows established policies and procedures to accurately record child attendance and tardiness. Provides clerical support to the Site Director. Assists in the integration of all Department of Education, Head Start and Early Head Start performance standards as it relates to attendance.
- Assists in the timely and accurate completion of attendance for all children in the program. Maintains attendance records for use in compiling attendance reports; contacts parents within one hour to verify attendance status of children; discusses attendance issues with teachers and the Site Director.
- Inputs specific content area information into multiple database systems within determined timelines. Assists supervisor with daily clerical duties. Provide general customer service assistance. Provides resources, information and/or referrals to all enrolled families.
- Assists in the implementation of Center Base Family Plan and socialization activities with other organizations, agencies or individuals involved in providing services to the family. Assists in the recruitment/enrollment for expecting parents, infants, toddlers, and their families into Head Start, Early Head Start and Department of Education.
- Assists in implementing Head Start Performance Standards, Title 22 Regulations, policies and procedures and Easterseals Southern California (ESSC) standards of conduct.
- Files attendance records, correspondence, and reports; sets up and maintains files in an orderly manner; maintains confidentiality of all records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED or national equivalent and 1 to 2 years’ clerical and/or administrative support experience is required.
- Training and experience necessary to develop consistent, stable and supportive relationships with very young children; must develop knowledge of infant and toddler development, safety issues in infant and toddler child care settings (i.e., reducing the risk of SIDS).
- Must possess and maintain current pediatric (infant/toddler) CPR and first aid certificate as well as a food handler’s certificate.
- Prior to beginning work and on an annual basis thereafter, must complete California-mandated Child Abuse Reporter Training as well as Pesticide Safety Training (per Healthy Schools Act).
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office applications (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Skype).
- Ability to properly interpret and implement regulations of the California Department of Education, Funding Terms and Conditions (Title 5), Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing (Title 22), Early Head Start Performance Standards, and of Easterseals policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, through oral and written skills, and work cooperatively with a variety of individuals and groups. Must relate well to children and their families and maintain a positive affect.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, plan, establish and meet timelines.
- Ability to stand for extended periods. Ability to lift 40 lbs. continuously. Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and squat. Must possess fine manual dexterity. Ability to push, pull, talk/hear, with near and far visual acuity/depth perception/color vision/field of vision.
- Ability to pass a post-offer physical examination and a TB test.
- Ability to provide any/all current immunizations as required by the State of California for child development centers and staff.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a criminal record/fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and FederalBureau of Investigation per Easterseals Southern California and/or program requirements. Must have sex offender index clearance.
- Ability to travel locally with reliable transportation, maintain driving record in compliance with Transportation Safety Standards, and maintain auto insurance and vehicle registration.
Why work with Easterseals? Here’s a few great reasons:
- You will make an impactful change in children and the lives of people with disabilities!This is an opportunity to invest into individuals who truly need your help to maximize their great potential!
- We provide not just a job, but a meaningful careerfor service minded people! Join a team that is supportive, positive, and puts a focus on your individual growth.
- We offer pay progressions!
- To enhance your growth, we provide ongoing training as well.
- We offer awesome employee benefits!
- We offer highly competitive pay!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.