We are looking for experienced, self-motivated, and team oriented hardware engineers to create industry leading Cloud Networking Ethernet switches. Arista engineers take pride in driving and sustaining product development through manufacturing. As an Arista Power System Engineer, you will get an opportunity to work with some of the best engineering and technical leaders in the industry to drive the design and implementation of multi-KW AC/DC and DC/DC chassis power systems.
- As a part of the project team, design, source, and qualify power supplies to meet product & market requirements
- Hands-on experience with power electronics – will need to spend time in lab
- Familiarity with dual grid and redundant AC or DC system design
- Good understanding of analog/power circuit design and qualification
- Ability to write clear and effective technical reports, present and communicate technical issues to a broad range of audiences including other power teams, software engineers, or non-technical people.
- Monitor the performance of power supply vendors during development
- Ability to work with vendors engineering team abroad and lead the project from concept to production.
- Some international travel is required.
- Participate in next generation system definition, innovate and propose new ideas to advance the existing designs
- Collaborate with the mechanical and compliance teams to insure that the power distribution systems in Arista’s products meet all required national and international regulatory standards. Consult with the system and diagnostic engineers on best practices for testing for compliance.
- BS or MS Electrical Engineering
- Experience with regulatory processes related to designing and certifying power supplies for commercial electronics
- Excellent knowledge of AC-DC & DC-DC design issues, system level power distribution, and industry best practices
- Experience sourcing power supplies ranging in size from 400 Watts to 3000 Watts with both AC and DC input power
- Understanding of the design issues of large modular systems with total power such as 20 kW.
- Experience designing and certifying power supplies to NEBS requirements
- Excellent communicator of requirements, critical path, and schedules.
- Familiarity with new custom product development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.