The core responsibility is to deliver product features. A major part of this is writing the code that drives our products. But the role of a software engineer is much bigger than just being a coding machine. Software engineers work on thewholedevelopment process, including:
- deciding what features to build
- driving the design
- writing the code (of course)
- pushing testing
- documenting the feature
- supporting customers in the field
Along the way, you might:
- extend and improve the test infrastructure
- hack on our engineering tools, including p4, django, python, rpm,
- work with sales and business development
- improve the content on our website
- love to program
- enjoy building things and shipping them, truly making them work
- find satisfaction in creating a really well-written piece of code
- care about keeping the code maintainable and preserving its integrity
- look for a better way, and strive to make it real
- care about the business too
- enjoy working with others who feel the same
- learn how things work, just for fun or out of curiosity
then this job is for you.
A strong background in Linux, C, TCP/IP, python, hardware, drivers, compilers, or assembly language is a plus. A BSCS/CE degree is required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.