Job DescriptionPRIMARY PURPOSE:
Under the general direction of the Manager, is responsible for translating ISO policy changes into Market settlement designs. Participates in policy discussions and provides recommendations based on impacts to settlements systems or processes. Contributes to business requirements for market quality and settlement systems. Performs settlement design, configuration, testing and implementation activities. Researches, analyzes, and implements dispute/defect corrections. Suggests and implements standards, processes and controls for new and existing business practices. Guides team members in identifying root causes of systemic data issues and recommends solutions.What's In it for You
Our purpose is to lead the way to tomorrow's energy network. Make a difference and impact millions of people who depend on electricity in their everyday lives.
- You get to work on interesting and challenging assignments that will help grow your skill set.
- You will work in an extremely collaborative environment inside our LEED certified Folsom, California campus.
- You will be challenged, be a part of a winning team, and your contributions will be rewarded and recognized.
- Designs and updates configuration guides and reviews SDLC documents in order to implement changes resulting from corporate or stakeholder initiatives. Creates and executes test cases based on the configuration and design changes. Updates Business Process Manuals (BPMs) and collaborates with legal to review modifications. Ensures assignments and deliverables are completed accurately, timely, with awareness of up-stream and down-stream impacts, and with value to internal and external customers. Identifies and implements process improvements that gain organizational and cost efficiencies.
- Participates in policy discussions and provides subject matter expertise and guidance on implications to settlements systems or processes. Makes recommendations for policy changes that impact settlements. Collaborates with project management and business analysts to create SDLC documentation of settlement impacts and updated business rules. Participates in the tariff review and development. Identifies project dependencies and communication level of effort to project management teams.
- Communicates with external market participants and vendors regarding settlement configuration designs and system changes. Communicates and interprets Settlement results based on market behaviors and system conditions.
- Represents the business unit at inter-departmental meetings and supports the resolution of issues. Manages processes in compliance with Tariff, BPMs, and other required standards.
QualificationsLevel of Education and Discipline
- A Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent education, training or experience in Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Information Technology, , Business or related field.
Equivalent years of education and training, plus five (5) or more years related experience.
- Experience with data analysis or transactional applications required.
- Experience documenting requirements and creating test cases.
- SQL database experience necessary.
- Energy industry experience in settlements is highly desired.
- Information systems quality assurance/control desired.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment as facilitator and team member.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication and documentation skills required, with a demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to use deductive reasoning and analytical thinking with sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills are also essential.
- Must be self-starting and willing and able to work independently in a dynamic corporate organization under pressure of tight deadlines and aggressive expectations.
- Self-motivated, problem solving skills and the ability to influence others without direct authority.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.