KIOXIA America Inc., formerly Toshiba Memory America Inc., is looking for aPrincipal Validation Engineer to work out of the Storage Research & Design Center, located in Folsom, CA. The selected applicant will work as the technical lead engineer of our Electrical Validation Test and Debug team, on SSD projects. The work environment is project and cross-team based and involves validating leading edge storage technologies and products for signal integrity, power delivery and failure systems, as well as electrical compliancy to industry standards. You will work closely with multiple development teams and business units, coordinating validation and testing required to deliver product to the factory as well as customers.
This role reports to theDirector of Validation Engineering, SSDD BU. Responsibilities:
- Using a variety of industry standard test and measurement tools, prove that the SSD Hardware meets specifications, including at nominal and skewed operating conditions.
- Test and ensure Power Delivery and Power Fail architecture work as designed and allow the SSD to function properly under defined conditions.
- Test and ensure robust signal integrity across all interfaces, including DRAM, NAND and PCIe or SATA host buses.
- Create test plans and develop test cases, using scripting to automate execution and data collection. Provide comprehensive test reports for making program-level decisions.
- Define requirements for early testing on evaluation PCBs, using instrumented FW in some cases, to ensure robust design and minimal risk to production PCB delivery.
- Debug failures found during verification cycles, triaging to potential root cause and possible solutions. File issues in tracking database to ensure full root cause and closure.
- Lead and mentor a small team of highly capable EVT engineers in a lab setting.
- Manage and maintain all related test equipment, working with external vendors as needed.
- Expertise in Firmware, Software or Systems validation process
- Expert level knowledge and use of Oscilloscopes for debug and characterization
- Advanced knowledge of proper probing techniques on High speed and low speed signals.
- Extensive understanding of Power delivery networks
- Extensive understanding of PMIC functionality and validation.
- Extensive knowledge of SSD electrical operation at the overall drive level
- Scripting and test automation expertise, preferably C and Python languages
- Solid understanding of current NAND technologies
- Expert level understanding of PCIE, DDR, SATA and NAND electrical interface specifications.
- Expert level understanding of Electrical Failure analysis using relevant debug tools (protocol analyzers, scopes, logic analyzers)
- Experience with test case and debug management tools (e.g. Jira)
- Broad experience in storage related technologies is a plus
- Experienced and comfortable working in a multi-site, multi-cultural collaborative environment
- Bachelors in EE/CE w/ 10 years minimum relevant experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including: Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected