Product Development Manager is active hands-on product development management role, requiring to manage the details of product development and improvement projects from concept to launch, this will include bench formulation work, process design, necessary machine and equipment identification, production trials, shelf life trials, cost management, trouble shooting, and communication internally and externally with customers & suppliers. The manager is primarily responsible for the product category of refrigerated plant based protein and ready meal products. The candidate should have a proven record of executing work plans and driving for results in a variety of challenging and complex settings. This position manages multiple projects concurrently and demonstrate the ability to complete work with minimal guidance, by exhibiting a collaborative mindset and applying innovative solutions. This position will report to R&D Division Manager.Responsibilities include but not limited to:
·Provide leadership and championship to ensure relentless focus on delivering innovative, unique new product offerings.
·Develop the strategic development of innovation and renovation road maps for products and process that leads to future competitive differentiation.
·Research commercial potential of new emerging food trends by pro-actively highlighting new concepts & suggestions to the business, facilitating development of new concepts in advance of competition.
·Define, develop, plan, and manage R&D projects and product development initiatives
·Lead product development projects from concept to market launch taking closely working with cross functional teams.
·Evaluate project feasibility and input into project and product costings.
·Research new and current raw materials, applications, processing technologies and equipment.
·Develops and manages external technical relationships with suppliers and other open innovation partners to advance external technologies with mutual business benefits and competitive differentiation.
·Plan and carry out development work in lab and pilot scale; design, develop, and lead tests to qualify new products and to support changes and improvement to existing products and processes.
·Lead and document development projects all the way from conceptualization to commercialization.
·Lead, assist, and work directly with plant processing and production personnel to ensure trial runs and start-up operations are properly performed.
·Execute R&D plans and strategies for product development in support of company and team objectives.
·Champions researching, planning and implementing new process and programs to improve efficiencies of production and introduce new business opportunities, closely working with operations and engineering professionals.
·Partner with marketing, operations and quality teams on new product innovation to ensure alignment and feasibility and to maximize performance against objectives.
·Collaboratively work with global R&D team developing and sharing innovations with R&D teams.
·Manage multiple complex projects concurrently and possess the ability to call out priority conflicts between a variety of business initiatives.
·Participate in sales and product demonstration presentations to customers as needed.
·Drive, mentor and develop the team by providing clear priorities and timeline.
·Take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary.
- M.S. degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Engineering, Microbiology or related area from an accredited university.
- 7-10 years of R&D experiences in CPG food manufacturing industry, with minimum 5 years manager role.
- Strong understanding of CPG food manufacturing processes.
- Highly developed communication and teamwork skills, leadership, interpersonal, and project management, coupled with organizational sensitivity, and the ability to influence key decision makers at all levels.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, creativity, self-motivation, problem solving tools including root cause analysis and ability of use of discretion and sound decision-making.
- Strong organization skills including data analysis, R&D documentation and the presentation material & report creation.
- Good working knowledge of quality systems and HACCP/HARPC plan.
- Good understanding of cost accounting and costing skills.
- Fair understanding to labeling requirement of FDA & USDA.
- Fair understanding in nutrition and operation of Genesis program.
- Good on Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Able to work in hot, cold and wet environment.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job included close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of walk; stand, reach over shoulder, reach overhead, reach outward, bend, talk, hear and repetitive motions stoop, kneel, crouch, and taste or smell.
- Experiences in Operations and project management a plus.
- Bilingual skills in Korean.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.