Telecom Engineer II - Hybrid
Bring YOUR energy to Alliant Energy!At Alliant Energy, our purpose is to serve customers and build stronger communities. We are passionate about powering beyond the market challenges of today, while powering what's next in energy. When our employees say "I am energy," it means they take pride in the work we do when disaster strikes, as well as all the days in between. We reward our highly hardworking and dedicated teams and give them the support they need to ensure their safety, wellness and financial security for themselves and their families.If you enjoy challenges, have strong communication skills and are passionate about the work you do we invite you to consider Alliant Energy. What sets us apart?
- Alliant Energy offers a full compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Employer Cash Contribution, Long and Short-Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
- Year after year, Alliant Energy is recognized by major publications and foundations as a top employer and leader in the areas of equity and sustainability. This includes Newsweek's list of Most Responsible Companies, Forbes list of Best Midsize Employers , a perfect Corporate Equality Index Score as a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality and being named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index.
- Our employees make a difference through their work and personal activities. In 2021, employees, retirees and our charitable foundation collectively contributed $11.5 million and volunteered over 75,000 hours.
- Help design, deploy, and support networks involving IPsec VPNs, BGP/MPLS VPNs, and a wide variety of equipment.
- Assist in the administration of network systems, including microwave, fiber optics, leased circuits, packet radio, spread spectrum and other carrier and wireless technologies.
- Assist with ongoing maintenance and documentation of telecommunications sites.
- Prepare and maintain accurate documents and records of network systems.
- Help prepare requisitions, purchase orders, and other telecommunication requests.
- Assist ensuring compliance with government rules and regulations.
- Provides assistance to customers in the preparation of telecommunication requests to ensure that all appropriate technical requirements are identified. Assists in the scheduling of telecommunication resources.
- Respond to employee questions, help solve, and make recommendations concerning telecommunications services .
- 2 years of related experience - preferably in preferably in telecommunications, data networks, or information technology.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering program that is accredited through the Engineering Accreditation Commission
- Experience with DWDM, TDM/SONET/OTN, Carrier Ethernet, Datacenter/SDN/Cloud optical
- Working knowledge of information technology networking preferred.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable working in a Unix server environment
- Python scripting and automation