Business Intelligence Advisor
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Learn and understand the "as is environment to be able to provide functional Expertise and knowledge of the existing business practices.
- Reconcile user requirements to technical specifications and new system capabilities
- Design, build, optimize end-to-end BI solutions that integrate numerous data sources, data warehouses, and data marts.
- Participates in the design, development, and analysis of data architecture and warehousing approaches.
- Designs and build integrations using TimeXtender as the warehouse automation tool;
- Creates and deploy transactional reports, analytical reports, pivot tables, visualizations and dashboards using various tools
- Participates in peer reviews (including architectural reviews, project reviews, requirement reviews, and logical model reviews);
- Tunes warehouse builds, reports and SQL statements driving both;
- Understands how the application interacts in a technical environment (e.g., network, infrastructure, database, etc.).
- Support, maintain, and modify existing systems, reports and integrations.
- Contributes to overall project status reporting
- Improve processes to accelerate delivery timelines
- Unit test new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct and program results are accurate
- Assist with user training and mentoring as needed, providing guidance with approach, documentation and presentation
- Coordinate with business users for UAT Testing and signoff
- Troubleshoot questions/problems from the user community
- Coordinate with appropriate persons to ensure that compliance with all policies for system changes
- Someone who can think independently, with excellent analytical skills and an aptitude for problem solving
- Able to learn the "as is environment quickly, and able to provide reporting solutions using Power BI, Excel or Paginated reports using our disparate data sources
- Someone who is detail oriented, understands DAX and has a skill set to do efficient data prep using multiple and varied data sources.
- Someone who can develop and design Tabular data models.
- Someone who has worked with Power BI Premium workspaces.
- Tuning and Troubleshooting reports and SQL statements driving both
- Able to meet deadlines, and can coordinate with business users for UAT Testing and signoff
- Someone who has good communication skills, who can help to mentor existing staff
- Able to assist with user training as needed, providing guidance with approach, documentation and presentation
- Awareness and working knowledge of IT infrastructure
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting technical documentation.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot issues.
- Expertise (5+ years) in specific technology areas
- Microsoft's BI Stack including Power BI Premium Capacity and Paginated Reports
- Power BI Design, Development and Administration
- Familiarity with an ERP (Dynamics AX experience a plus)
- Familiarization with Visualization Tools (i.e. Power BI)
- SQL Server
- Database design and Normalization methodologies
- SQL Server database coding for stored procedures, functions, views etc.
- Ability to build and execute SQL queries for data requests
- SSRS (Reporting Services) and Power BI Paginated Reports
- SSAS (Analytical Services - multi-dimensional and tabular data models)
- Familiar with SharePoint
- Expertise in designing reports for use in Excel
- Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
- Familiar with performance tuning methodologies.