Cyber Systems Administrator
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Description Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today. Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space. Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Provision and maintain both physical and virtual servers for development projects
- Provision developer laptops for special project use
- Provide input and recommendation for hardware procurement
- Active Secret Clearance or higher, can support up to Top Secret SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years' relevant experience or Master's and 8 years relevant experience, an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience with Windows Server and Workstation Operating Systems
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems (RHEL or Cent OS)
- VMware and ESXi (6.x or higher) configuration and management experience
- Experience with server and storage hardware installation and maintenance
- Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities; experience hardening Windows and Redhat systems per RMF and STIGs.
- Experience with networking and Cisco equipment