Senior Embedded Software Engineer
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Alex HagenAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $125,000 - $150,000 per yearA bit about us:One of our favorite clients in Michigan is in need of a Senior Embedded Software Engineer ASAP! If you meet the requirements below please apply now!Why join us?
- Lead the software development of commercial-grade Linux applications and drivers for single and multi-core, multi-threaded SoCs targeted at processing and displaying video to ensure best-in-class performance.
- Owns and improves to the company software design process.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests, and release production level software for embedded Linux.
- Leads peer reviews of other software and outside design service companies' software designs.
- Mentors and helps develop junior software engineers.
- Supports overall program timing via the timely completion of assigned tasks and activities.
- Keeps management informed of progress, escalates issues to program and or engineering management.
- Provide software quote response (software effort, software license & tools cost estimates, etc.) for new business opportunities.
- Evaluates and implements engineering changes.
- BS in Electrical or Computer Science Engineering/Technology
- 7 - 10 years' experience of embedded software development
- Experience programming in C/C
- Strong knowledge and experience with bus protocols such as USB, SPI, I2C, GPIO, SDIO, and Ethernet
- Experience with and maintenance of patching bootloaders, operating system, and device drivers
- Proven expertise with Linux configuration, kernel, driver, and application development
- Experienced with ARM embedded processor(s)
- Experience in Ubuntu development and cross-platform development tools
- Knowledge of Buildroot or Yocto embedded build systems
- Basic understanding of git version control and workflow.
- Able to mentor and lead junior software engineers