job summary:Randstad Technologies is in search of a Data Architect for an exciting opportunity with an industry leading employer in the Kansas City area. In this role the Data Architect will evaluate databases and build a conceptual, logical, and physical database based on organizational strategies, structural requirements, and business requirements for enhancing new and existing solutions for the business. The Data Architect will be a key participant in the project development life cycle for our client and will identify data gaps in the functional coverage of their application systems. location: SHAWNEE MISSION, Kansasjob type: Permanentsalary: $100,000 - 120,000 per yearwork hours: 8am to 4pmeducation: Bachelors responsibilities:
- Perform assigned activities/schedules for multiple projects throughout the project lifecycle and problem resolution. Collaborate with system architects, software architects, design analysts, and others to understand business or industry requirements.
- Assess, design, and develop data models and/or technical specifications for internal and external data for an application system, metadata, views or related database-structures, data warehouse, and integrations for a complete solution for small to medium project(s), including presentation of data within the operational and analytics tools used within the enterprise
- Adhere to, recommend, and/or enforce database development standards
- Participate in complex testing, analyze testing results to ensure solution needs, and oversee resolution of issues based on test results
- Provide technical support for incidences and service requests on/off hours. Assist junior staff or clients as needed
- Maintain inventory of enterprise data architecture blueprints, CMDB integration catalog, and end user dictionary of data. Adhere to best practice standards for table names, column names, data types, etc.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend hardware or software technologies to achieve desired database performance. Monitor and report systems resource consumptions trends to assure production systems meet availability requirements and hardware enhancements are scheduled appropriate. Plan and install upgrades of database management system software to enhance database performance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Computer Programming
- 1+ years' in a data architect role
- 3+ years' analyzing and designing applications and/or BI/Analytics solutions
- Experience with T-SQL required
- Experience in one or more ETL Tools required: Informatica PowerCenter, SSIS, or equivalent
- Experience in one or more Operational Reporting Tools required: COGNOS, SSRS, or equivalent
- Experience in one or more Self Service Analytics Tools required: Tableau, Power BI, or equivalent
- Experience and/or conversant in one or more of the following emerging data technologies required: columnar and NoSQL, predictive analytics, data visualization, and unstructured data
- Experience in one or more software development lifecycle methodologies required: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.
- Experience in one or more of the following Enterprise Business Solutions preferred: Infor M3, JD Edwards Enterprise One,
- Experience in many of the following business processes preferred: process manufacturing, sales and marketing, supply chain planning, inventory management, logistics optimization and distribution, procurement and plant maintenance, food safety and quality assurance, breeding and animal welfare, environmental resource management, finance, etc.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors