Cyber Systems Engineer-System Administrator (T02 or T03)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. About the Team: We are looking for a Cyber Systems Engineer-System Administrator (T02 or T03) to join our team at Buckley Space Force Base! Our team deploys Linux ground systems for a large missile defense contract. We provide a combination of Linux system design, administration, and sustainment (no Windows!), cyber security, network and hardware engineering, and automation/infrastructure-as-code (IaC). Currently, we run a mix of bare metal and virtual environments and working towards monolithic and containerized applications. About the Role: The team is pushing heavily towards a purely virtual environment, running exclusively containerized microservices (VMware vSphere 7, vCenter, Podman/OpenShift). The successful candidate will not only help design the plan to meet that goal but will also be extremely hands-on and help do the heavy lifting to implement it and ultimately carry it through sustainment.The primary tools used in this job will be RHEL, Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube, VMware, and OpenShift. Work Environment and Flexibility: The expectation for this role is to work mostly at Buckley Space Force Base, with up to 25% paid travel to Boulder, CO, and/or Colorado Springs, CO. There is the possibility to work remotely on occasions, as the work allows.Work hours are standard, Monday - Friday, and are flexible around our core hours of 9:00am - 3:00pm. We are an extremely flexible team that values time away from work. The expectation for this position is 40 hours per week. You will rarely be asked to ever work more than that, and generally, you will be paid for any and all overtime. Security Clearance and Citizenship Requirements: A Top-Secret security clearance is required to start on day one, as this role will be working on a classified system. A CI-Poly is preferred and is required for access to the system. A CI-Poly is not required to start, but ability to obtain one is required. US citizenship is also required to start on day one. Job Duties:
- Sustainment of multiple Linux systems on Buckley Space Force Base
- Contributes to team's evolving infrastructure-as-code (IaC) baseline. Writes secure and repeatable automation in multiple languages using Git.
- Designs, deploys, hardens, and maintains VMware vSphere 7 virtual environments, and deploys RHEL-7/8 virtual machines therein.
- Willing to learn and help drive towards containerized applications using Podman and OpenShift.
- Deploys CICD pipelines in Jenkins.
- Linux: Hands-on experience deploying, configuring, and troubleshooting Linux systems, preferably RedHat 6/7/8/9.
- Networking: Basic understanding of IPv4 fundamentals, preferably in the context of containers and virtualization.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II (or higher) Certification: CISSP, CompTIA Security+, CCNA, etc
- Cyber Systems Engineer : (T02): Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, with 4 years of related experience in systems administration; 0 years with a Master's degree; 10 years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Principal Cyber Systems Engineer (T03) : Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, with 6 years of related experience in systems administration; 4 years with a Master's degree; 0 years with a PhD; 12 years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
- Virtualization: Hands-on experience with VMware, preferable vSphere 7.
- Containers: Experience creating, deploying, and managing containerized deployments, preferably using Podman, Buildah, and OpenShift.
- CICD : Experience creating and troubleshooting CICD pipelines, preferably in Jenkins.
- Cyber security: Knowledgeable in any of the following: SonarQube, DISA STIGs, NIST RMF, zero trust, secure-by-design, Splunk, ACAS, encryption, PKI, identity management, etc.
- Initial 30 minute conversation with the hiring manager to discuss the position, the team, and what you are looking to get out of your new role with our company
- Technical 1 hour interview with the team to test your knowledge in a wide variety of IT-related topics
- At some point during this process, you will be given a take home coding practical where you will write automation and upload it to your public Github to be reviewed by the team.