Systems Engineer III
job summary:Job Description
- BS and 3 + years or equivalent experience in field of systems engineering involving integration architecture, design and building innovative integration solutions. Previous experience handling HR data and HR System software, demonstrating discretion and ability to work with confidential information. Experience with Workday and Workday integration technologies, including Report Writer, Calculated Fields, EIB, Studio, BIRT, XSLT, etc. Experience with requirements, design, build, test, delivery, and support of Workday integrations between Workday, internal systems, and 3rd party HR-based vendors. Expertise in technical integrations (batch, real-time); knowledge of SFTP, PGP encryption, ssh; knowledge of web-service calls using SOAP, REST, xml, json. Experience using modern ETL tools such as InfoSphere DataStage Cloud Pack, Apache NiFi, etc. Extensive knowledge and experience in data transformations, data analysis, manipulation, working knowledge of RDBMS, ETL processing for optimal integration design, tuning SQL queries, reporting and formatting. Experience with Object-oriented data structures such as .NET, Java, Eclipse, C.
- Experience with integration vendor management, negotiation, and issue resolution. Experience with JIRA for Agile / Kanban execution
- Provide expertise and serve as a knowledge source for integrating data between HR systems, internal systems, and vendor external solutions. Member of the integrations workstream for the HR Technology Transformation Program, working with a System Integrator, Data Architects, Solution Architects, and data experts.
- HR Transformation program Integration workstream project member for the end-to-end implementation of Workday as the Core HCM. Responsible for the successful delivery of integrations as a member of the workstream. Scope includes end to end integration understanding, innovative design, vendor contracts and management, quality checks, ETL processing, testing and implementation. Will work with Workday as a Cloud-based HCM solution and partner with the Client Enterprise Data and Solution Architecture team to successfully implement integrations for internal and external systems.
- Provide integration experience in end-to-end design and development of near-real time and batch data pipelines.
- Expertise in technical integrations (batch, real-time); knowledge of SFTP, PGP encryption, ssh; knowledge of web-service calls using SOAP, REST, xml, json.
- Assistance with the management of integration vendor requirements, contracts, plans, issues, and risks.
- Create and maintain technical documentation to ensure effective operations/support of the integration solutions.
- Keep up to date on technology trends and may participate in the establishment and implementation of standards and guidelines that guide the design of technology solutions.
- Knowledge of and experience in data management, design, various database concepts and technologies.
- Develop and enforce data security policies within the application design and integration modeling.
- Closely?follow the strategic direction?set by leadership when establishing project goals. Execute on the HCM data and integration strategy.
- Timely identification and escalation of risks and development of alternative technical and functional approaches when necessary.
- Embrace Agile principles and perform work in an Agile and Kanban team structure.
- Develop test strategies, software testing frameworks, and test automation. Performs unit and systems integration testing.
- Comply with Change Management, Release Management, IT Risk - Compliance processes and standards.
- Execute reporting & analytics using BI tools with a sound understanding of metrics and data being analyzed.
- Understand data lake and data warehouse solutions on Snowflake and AWS using streaming and batch processes.
- Leverage DevSecOps techniques and have working experience with modern tools such as GitLab, Jira, Jenkins and build automation.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors