Sr Software Developer - Top Secret
Please review the job details below.Maxar is seeking a Senior Software Developer with strong back end experience to join our team in Arlington VA.REQUIRED: Top Secret security clearanceHYBRID: Customer in Crystal CityThis is one of VERY few teams supporting "tip of the spear" work supporting our war fighters in the field. You will connect with senior leadership from many influential U.S. Government customers.You will develop full-stack solutions to enable analysts to curate and categorize real-world data based on geospatial and temporal features. Leveraging your experience with backend development to facilitate CRUD operations on critical data stores will provide rich search capability.Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related STEM field (4 additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree).
- 8 years of experience with software development.
- 8 years of experience with Python
- 3+ years of experience with PostgreSQL
- 3+ years of experience with Elasticsearch
- Implement new products and features to improve the design of a critical software program of record.
- Adapt mission requirements to develop new tools, capabilities, requirements, or enhance/upgrade existing ones.
- Incorporate customer feedback into software products and participate in code reviews to ensure quality.
- Lead and mentor junior developers and work in a highly collaborative environment, on a very unique suite of apps and services for an extremely impactful National customer.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Modern Python versions 3.6+ and unit testing.
- Mature SQL databases, such as PostgreSQL.
- AWS: EC2, S3, Lambda.
- Proficiency in Linux.
- Familiarity with Material design concepts and/or have used Material UI.
- Strong React, Typescript, and ES2015+ skills.
- Development with CesiumJS or other modern geospatial mapping software libraries.
- Elasticsearch experience.
- Experience with PostgreSQL or another relational database.
- Testing React components.
- Experience with Docker environments and/or Kubernetes.
- Python based web frameworks, such as Flask and/or FastAPI.
- ETL processing frameworks and tools.
- Experience with microservice architectures.
- Knowledge of building and testing RPMs.
- Familiarization with Public Key Infrastructure.