DevOps/System Administration Manager
Please review the job details below.Maxar is currently seeking an DevOps/System Administration Manager to join the Software Development group within Maxar Space. We currently have a dedicated DevOps team and a dedicated System Administration team that work hand-in-hand that will now become a collective eco-system reporting to the DevOps/System Administration Manager. The Manager will be empowered to drive the technical roadmap architecture, as well as cultural change for the team. Life with Us Your Projects: Maxar is honored to work with a variety of government and commercial partners on a wide variety of projects. These include developing the Power Propulsion Element (PPE) for the Lunar Gateway for NASA and a variety of low earth and geosynchronous orbit communication satellites. Your teams will be responsible for ensuring that our software development organization is using best practices as it relates to development and test infrastructure and systems, including a robust CI/CD software development pipeline and a mix of proprietary and cloud-based infrastructure. Your Career: We're very serious about professional development and continuing education at Maxar. We offer our team members with the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has amazing resources to support learning and development. You will work with your manager to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career. What We Offer: Time for dedicated professional development, conference attendance, corporate partner and industry training, peer group collaboration, hackathons, as well as paid certifications, education reimbursement and student loan forgiveness. What you'll do day-to-day (with your colleagues):
- Lead a team of 8-10 DevOps Engineers and 5-6 System Administrators who develop and support the CI/CD and IT infrastructure used by the Software Development organization within Maxar Space.
- Assist and guide your team members on project and learning activities that help expand their skills, knowledge, and career opportunities.
- Assist the team with optimizing its organization structure, including the adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework.
- Assist with work force planning, ensuring that these two teams have the capacity to meet business needs.
- Assist other peer organizations in solving for the whole: drive greater ownership & solutioning to ensure all programs are successful.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Bachelor's degree in a computer-related major, such as computer science, electronic engineering, or computer engineering. Additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a team manager or demonstrated ability to be ready to make the transition from senior technical lead to team leadership.
- Previous experience in one or more of software development, DevOps, or systems administration.
- Recent relevant experience in both DevOps and system administration
- Experience with both datacenter and cloud-based computing
- Experience with agile development practices