Principal / Sr Principal LINUX Systems Administrator (Active Top Secret Required)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space work connects and protects millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today. The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission! Our growing team is seeking a LINUX System Administrator to support our Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) and SBIRS Program at the Mission Control Station on Buckley Air Force Base, Aurora, Colorado. LINUX System Administrators are technical professionals who specialize in maintaining and developing LINUX system architecture. You will be required to maintain multiple computer operating systems, COTS software products, and perform routine software maintenance tasks as assigned by the System Administrator (SA) Team Lead. Responsibilities:
- Monitoring system processes, searching log files for errors and correcting system performance issues, backing up and restoring files, patching software and operating systems, writing and troubleshooting simple shell scripts, optimizing software and system configurations, documenting problems, maintaining software licenses, and assisting with software updates, system upgrades, and capacity planning.
- Conduct OJT and informal training on basic information system design, data flow, and operations.
- Active Top Secret clearance required to start
- Level 3: 6 Years with Bachelors; 4 Years with Masters. 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Level 4: 10 Years with Bachelors; 8 Years with Masters. 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- As this position involves work in a customer owned facility, the ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, and maintain professionalism, especially during stressful situations.
- This is a day-staff position that may require infrequent after-hour and rotational on-call duties as assigned by the SA Team Lead due to the nature of maintaining 24/7 information systems.
- Knowledge of basic operations and maintenance concepts for various LINUX operating systems is required.