Operations Engineer (TS/SCI)
Please review the job details below.Maxar is currently seeking an Operations Engineer to join our team in Springfield, VA.Responsibilities:
- Conduct mission/program specific real time spacecraft/satellite flight/ground system operations during readiness, execution and evaluation phases.
- Develop detailed plans and procedures to provide maximum mission support in areas such as orbit dynamics, satellite performance analysis, command and control of on-orbit satellites.
- Provide technical direction for on orbit mission support, plan for critical malfunctions and recommend alternate operating techniques to continue maximum mission support.
- Provide failure analysis of the performance of the system.
- Utilize system software to accomplish all tasks and recommends improvements.
- Analyze and validate software performance.
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field. 4 additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts in a 24x7 environment
- Experience working with on-orbit spacecraft, satellite flight, or ground system operations
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: TOPL, MATLAB, JAVA, C, PERL, ORACLE/SQL, HTML, XML, LINUX, Python, JAVA Script
- Juniper or Cisco networking systems
- Current Security+ certification
- Experience with GIS software or geospatial production techniques