IT Project Manager (Principal Level)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.Northrop Grumman is seeking a full time Information Technology Project Manager (IT PM) reporting to the assigned Office of the Chief Information Office (OCIO) Program Manager or Director, within the Defense Systems Sector CIO PMO. The IT PM will track and facilitate various OCIO projects for the assigned Division or Function(s) for the PMO. This position is located in McLean VA, but entails matrixed project management responsibility across the Divisions' domestic and international presence, as defined by the OCIO Statement of work.This position may offer the ability to telecommute however candidate local to McLean, VA will be preferThis role will oversee and manage the operational aspects of IT projects and other initiatives and serves as liaison between program management, other managers, and multiple project teams or individual contributors. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project activities and progress leveraging Lean-Agile or traditional project management frameworks. Monitors project completion from initiation through delivery to meet customer needs and OCIO goals. Assesses project risks and efficiently resolves impediments to meet project deadlines and objectives including working closely with Service Delivery Organizations to meet/exceed Service Level Agreements identified in the IT Statement of Work (SOW). Collaborate with internal/external stakeholders to ensure client-satisfaction on project and/or process goals and objectives and strategic initiatives. Responsible for projects status, budgets to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. The successful candidate will support the program managers with operational decisions and will conduct briefings and meetings for internal and external representatives. Areas of technical expertise may include: IT systems and strategies, estimating and proposals, requirements development, systems and application integration, program security execution and compliance.Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant Information Technology experience with a bachelor's degree.
- Technical Project Management experience.
- Prior mid-level experience on IT Projects with demonstrated independence
- Experience as a Scrum Master
- Scrum Master certification (i.e. Scrum Inc, Scrum Alliance, SAFe, Scrum@Scale, etc.)
- US Citizenship is required, as well as the ability to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance
- Demonstrated performance in working in a fast-paced matrixed resource environment while delivering a quality work product and having positive customer satisfaction.
- Active or Current Secret Clearance
- Have experience working within a classified environment and understand how an infrastructure must abide by government requirements.
- Candidate should possess good interpersonal and leadership skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a strong willingness to learn.
- Experience in a high impact, business critical environment.