Principal Systems Software Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.Northrop Grumman is seeking a Principal Systems Software Analyst to join the Corporate Global Supply Chain team. This position will have the responsibility of ensuring the run of the applications in their perimeter. This liaison will work on requests, changes and incidents based on clients' tickets, using the documentation and procedures put in place in his business unit. Transition the business functional needs into a technical design/solution to support end user requirements. Analyzes, enhances, installs, tests, and modifies enterprise-wide operating systems for both new and existing Global Supply Chain and enterprise systems. Advanced business systems user to include SAP/S4, CostPoint, Ariba Suite, Service Now and other GSC systems and tools. This is a full-time virtual position working remotely with occasional travel to events and meetings. The qualified candidate may be located anywhere within the continental United States. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develops requirements, workflow, and systems analysis.
- Drives requirements and leads testing for program integrations and deploys to document and raise issues and errors and ensure programs are tested and ready for production, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities.
- Establishes standards for development and maintenance of new and existing products. Knowledge, Skills, and Ability: Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Support training related to new solution and enhancements.
- Self-starter with little supervision required and a service mindset.
- Supports other duties as assigned or required to make the Corporate GSC programs and projects that are prioritized successful
- Knowledge, Skills, and Ability: Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle and concepts in the field. General knowledge of global supply chain processes and workflow.
- Problem Solving: Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Discretion/Latitude: Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Impact: Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Liaison: Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. Responsible for sector engagement and communications to all stakeholders for Systems and initiatives with all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree with 5 years of relevant experience OR Master's Degree with 3 years of relevant experience OR PhD
- Experience applying systems thinking to solve complex problems.
- Ability to extract and manipulate data from selected databases using SQL
- Proficient in developing and designing data visualizations using approved tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience collaborating on projects with multiple teams, managing relationships, and communicating findings to audiences
- Ability to utilize and compile data from various systems/repositories as SAP, BW, DW, Costpoint (Costpoint desired) to meet internal/external reporting needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, and presentation).
- Proven ability to lead, motivate, and inspire a diverse team.
- Ability to make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Prior System Implementation Experience
- Data Analytics Experience