Java Developer (TS/SCI)
Please review the job details below.Maxar is currently seeking a Java / Spring Boot Developer to join our xLab team. This role is a hybrid position that will be performed from the customer site in Reston, VA and either remotely or from a Maxar office location. In this role, you'll work closely with other software developers as well as our amazing design team leveraging Maxar's product offerings to build a diverse range of fullstack applications. About Us:
- xLab is Maxar's Innovation as a Service shop.
- Our expert cadre of designers, software developers, and product owners partner with Maxar's remote sensing, data science, and machine learning practitioners to create custom solutions that leapfrog our customers into the future of work.
- Our process begins by listening, empathizing with our customers to gain unique insights.
- Prototyping and frequent, iterative feedback are core to our delivery approach, anchored by best practices in Lean Product Development and Design Thinking.
- Our Outcome-Based Model ensures each engagement is aligned to our customer's needs.
- Corporate partner, industry training.
- Peer groups.
- Paid certifications.
- Education reimbursement.
- and much more
- Must be a US citizen with a current/active TS/SCI security clearance and be willing and able to obtain a CI polygraph.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or a related field. 4 additional years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree. A Master's degree may count as 2 years of experience.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with programming, design, and development.
- In-depth knowledge of Java and Spring Boot.
- Experience developing REST APIs.
- Exposure to building and supporting solutions in AWS.
- Working knowledge of agile software development practices and tools, such as Jira, Confluence, and git.
- Development experience with additional backend frameworks (e.g., Fast API, Flask).
- SQL/database/ORM experience, especially Postgres.
- Experience with Docker, OpenShift and/or Kubernetes.
- Experience with messaging systems such as Redis or Kafka.
- AWS Associate and/or Pro Certification(s).
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.