Please review the job details below.Maxar is seeking a Software Developer in Ypsilanti, MI. We are a leader in the field of signal and image processing. This is an opportunity to work on an integrated team to build innovative software to support users in the defense and intelligence communities. Work as part of a team designing, implementing, testing, and delivering infrastructure, algorithm modules and software tools for Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) image processing. This position is part-time with the intent to go full-time.What will you be doing?
- Working on an integrated team to build innovative software to support users in the defense and intelligence communities.
- Working as part of a team that designs, implements, tests, and delivers algorithms for Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) and related radar modes. Take algorithm definitions and prototypes and convert them into robust software applications that run efficiently on large images and are ready for operational environments. Apply software standards and processes to produce high quality, extensible, and maintainable software packages.
- Collaborating with our radar and research scientist experts to solve issues and iterate to improve image product quality.
- Building and improving automated test and verification software and tools to support DevOps.
- US citizenship, willing and able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technology fields
- Programming skills in an Object Oriented programming language (e.g. C, Python)
- Willing to work on site in our Maxar office
- Prior internships in an engineering field
- Linux operating system and shell scripting
- Experience with Agile software development, Scrum
- Experience with version control e.g. Git, GutHub, GitLab, Bitbucket