Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Please review the job details below.Maxar is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. In this role you will implement the embedded flight software for Maxar's space vehicles. You will also work with engineering and manufacturing stakeholders and other members of the software team in a cross-functional environment to support the full Software Development Life Cycle of our embedded-software products. To be successful in this role, you should be capable of synthesizing information across multiple problem domains and collaborating within multi-disciplinary teams.Life with Us Your Project:You will be responsible for applying advanced technical skillsets with C/C and ADA software development for embedded systems. Your primary responsibility will be to generate code, but you will also be intimately involved in testing, debugging, integration, and operational testing.Your Career:We're very serious about professional development and continuing education at Maxar. We offer our team members with the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has amazing resources to support learning and development. You will work with your manager, the Manager of Software Engineering out of our office in Westminster, CO or San Jose, CA, to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.What We Offer: Time for dedicated professional development, conference attendance, corporate partner and industry training, peer group collaboration, hackathons, as well as paid certifications, education reimbursement and student loan forgiveness.What you'll do day-to-day (with your colleagues):
- Our software is written for embedded Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS), so an understanding of RTOS concepts is highly desirable (e.g. Greenhills Integrity, VxWorks, or RTEMS.)
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system, specifically for Attitude Control Systems
- Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops software verification plans, unit level and open loop test suites and procedures, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Performs software product life cycle management.
- Demonstrated facility with software revision control systems and workflows (e.g. Git, CVS).
- Develops, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, processes and system-specific issues.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing and able to obtain U.S. Government security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field. Four additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree
- Previous experience in software development, management systems, and as a software project lead
- Minimum of 8 years of software development experience
- Master's degree or PhD in related field
- Written software in C, ADA
- Worked on satellite software development from inception to launch
- Experience with large-scale satellite software development projects
- Experience with CMMI-3
- Ability to work in a highly-collaborative environment with hands-off, remote management.