Advanced Imaging Research Scientist
Please review the job details below.Maxar Technologies is seeking an Advanced Imaging Research Scientist to join our talented Sensor Programs team in Ypsilanti, MI!The Sensor Programs team develops specialized, innovative new sources of geospatial data, analytic methods, software and engineering services. Our work transforms how customers support global mapping and intelligence missions at scale, revealing unique information and insights. We contribute to integrated space solutions by harnessing and applying disruptive technologies.Imaging Research and DevelopmentWe are at the forefront of pioneering novel imaging systems that include state-of-the-art hardware, algorithms, and processing, enabling new remote sensing concepts and systems. Our teams integrate highly talented individuals with science and engineering backgrounds who work together to build solutions for users in the defense and intelligence communities. We solve tough problems and are looking for like-minded research and developers to grow our team and address new challenges.Our signal and image processing experts focus on science rather than efficiency and prototype their ideas in Python or MATLAB; once validated, we integrate their results into our operational software baseline, reusing existing components where possible. Our hardware experts design, build, and deploy robust prototypes systems that prove novel concepts and imaging modalities. We develop these systems for their operational environments which include terrestrial, airborne, shipborne, and space. Once proven in field tests, we assist integration of the systems into production and operations. Our team collaborates on development projects with staff at other Maxar locations and we routinely work with other companies who share our commitment to our customers and their missions.Minimum Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI.
- Master's degree in Optics, Electrical Engineering, or other related technical field.
- 8+ years'experience with optical imaging systems or optical image processing.
- Expertise with coding tools Python or MATLAB.
- Current TS/SCI clearance.
- PhD in Optics, Electrical Engineering, or other related technical field.
- Familiarity with higher-level coding tools like C, C, and/or GPU.
- An ability to develop and exercise algorithms to quantify performance of imaging systems as a function of key parameters and organize results in clear presentations.
- An ability to contribute to cutting-edge imaging-related business-development proposals, with the goal of becoming a technical lead on related future contracts.