Flight Software Development Engineer
Please review the job details below.Maxar is currently seeking a Flight Software Engineer to join our team in Westminster, CO, San Jose, CA or USA remote.In this role, you will implement the embedded flight software for Maxar's space vehicles, such as the challenging PPE (Power Propulsion Element) satellite project. You will also work with engineering and manufacturing stakeholders and other members of the software team in a cross-functional environment to support the full Software Development Life Cycle of our embedded-software products. To be successful in this role, you should be capable of synthesizing information across multiple problem domains and collaborating within multi-disciplinary teams.Minimum requirements for this position:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent Resident
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field
- 2 years of relevant work experience as a software engineer
- Demonstrated ability to implement maintainable software in C/C or ADA
- Demonstrated facility with software revision control systems and workflows (e.g. Git)
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing embedded software in an RTOS such as Greenhills Integrity, VxWorks, or RTEMS.
- Familiarity with spacecraft Attitude Control Systems
- Ability to develop software verification plans, unit level and open loop test suites and procedures, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Master's degree or PhD in a related field
- Experience with large-scale satellite software development projects
- Experience with CMMI-3