Staff Spacecraft Propulsion Engineering - Modeling and Simulation
Please review the job details below.Staff Spacecraft Propulsion Engineer - Modeling and SimulationAt Maxar Space, we architect and build the most reliable, affordable spacecraft and space systems to enable global communications, commerce, education, entertainment, health services, disaster recovery, and Earth observation. Our team is currently seeking a Staff Spacecraft Propulsion Engineer to join our team to perform Modeling and Simulation on in-space propulsion systems . Responsibilities (what you will do day to day):
- Analysis of electric and chemical (biprop and monoprop) spacecraft propulsion systems
- Modeling and simulation of performance and c on-ops across all phases of the product life cycle.
- Perform analysis of the propulsion subsystem, including the optimization of propellant loading, plume analyses, thruster alignments, and on-orbit performance assessment
- Data correlation and model validations
- or Permanent Resident
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, or related discipline
- 5 or more years of relevant experience; a Master's degree may be considered in lieu of 2 years of experience
- Knowledge of spacecraft propulsion systems, propellants, and hardware
- Training or experience in propulsion systems, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, thermodynamics, plasma physics
- Knowledge of Python and Matlab.
- Experience with computational fluid dynamics and 3-D modeling
- Master's degree in Engineering, Physics, or related discipline