Job Description:The RoleAs a Principal Data engineer (Tech Lead) under Analytics Insight and Reporting Chapter, you will be responsible for Developing , maintaining and enhancing PSW reporting . You will be technically leading a team of motivated individuals proactively working on enhancing the reporting platform to make it more resilient. As a technical leader, you blend deep Software Engineering knowledge with a passion for coaching, mentoring and help them grow and develop in their knowledge area and ensure alignment on the "how" of the work they performYou are committed to developing your own expertise and knowledge to bring the latest thinking to your role to empower others with that knowledge. In addition, you:
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Bring passion to your work to inspire and motivate
- Embody Fidelity's Leadership Principles
- Create a culture of continuous improvement
- Enjoy what you do!
The Value You Deliver
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experienced player coach
- 10+ years of work experience in large-scale, Data Platforms focused on Data Engineering, Reporting with hands-on Data/Database Engineering Expertise.
- Strong experience in AWS RDS , Dynamo DB and other AWS databases , services for data ingestion and processing
- Strong experience in Python
- Preferred Experience in Pl-SQL and Informatica ETL.
- Strong experience in Reporting Tools like OBIEE and/or PowerBI
- Experience in Snowflake is preferred
- Experience in developing REST API is preferred
- Critical thinking and the ability to work in an agile environment
- Experience working in Financial Services Industry desired with experience in WI products and data preferred
- Strong experience in navigating organization structure
The TeamFidelity's Workplace Investing (WI) Technology team designs, develops, implements, and supports WI's suite of technology products on behalf of our customers. We are passionate about delivering innovative solutions that exceed our customer's needs. We embrace diversity of thought and experience. Our team thrives with an unyielding dedication to innovation which promotes a culture of continuous improvement and significant product advancement. This is a fast-paced technology group that adopts modern technologies to build powerful tools and deliver an outstanding end user experiencePlease see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:N/APlease see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:N/APlease see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:N/APlease see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:N/ACertifications:Company OverviewFidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients' money.Join UsAt Fidelity, you'll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples' lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a , we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don't need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you've always imagined.At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we're calling "."We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at .Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to , or by calling prompt 2, option 3.We welcome those with experience in jobs such as Software Developer, Computer Technician, and Computer User Support Specialist and others in the Computers and Technology to apply.
- Lead a team of data engineers to enhance PSW reporting applications on developing and maintaining the data platform
- Ability to manage escalations and communicate effectively across business and technology audiences
- You will champion and drive process controls, standards, and automation to improve quality, efficiency, and consistency
- Ability to collaborate with technology and business partners across Fidelity to resolve issues and influence long-term direction and roadmaps
- Ability to learn quickly, be flexible, adapt and strive to excel in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to be highly organized, very responsive, and committed to quality and high standards