Job Description:Senior SOC ResponderThe RoleFidelity's Security Operations Center (SOC) is seeking a Senior SOC Responder. This is an opportunity to meaningfully contribute to a highly visible security operations function with global impact upon Fidelity, its affiliates, business units, partners, and customers. While working as part of this team, the successful individual will provide world class incident response functions to detect, protect, respond, and sustain operations within cyberspace. This role will be:
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Capably leveraging their high level analytical, investigative, and problem-solving skills to accurately identify solutions to unusual and complex problems
- Utilizing a strong understanding of attacker TTPs and associated detection methods to drive effective incident response.
- Performing network and host-based forensic analysis to identify indicators of compromise
- Writing and tuning threat detection content.
- Actively participating and leading Red Team and Purple Team initiatives.
- Engaging in Threat Hunting activities.
The TeamThe Security Operations Center protects Fidelity and its customers by employing people, processes, and technology to continuously monitor and improve Fidelity's security posture. While we are able to deploy the latest technology, we believe our greatest asset is our people.As part of Fidelity's Security Operations Center, the Incident Response Team is primarily responsible for preparation, detection and analysis, containment, eradication, recovery, and post-incident activity related to cyber incidents. The Senior Incident Responder role will play a key part in driving our strategy forward.Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:N/APlease see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:N/APlease see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:N/APlease see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:N/ACertifications:Company OverviewFidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients' money.Join UsAt Fidelity, you'll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples' lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a , we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don't need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you've always imagined.At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we're calling "."We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at .Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to , or by calling prompt 2, option 3.We welcome those with experience in jobs such as General, General, and General and others in the General to apply.
- 5+ years Information Security Incident Response experience with a focus on detection and response to malicious activity using log data from various sources preferred.
- Strong understanding of Information Security and the threat landscape surrounding enterprise systems.
- Scripting experience (python, powershell, Unix shell)
- Deep understanding and experience using cyber security operations, security monitoring, endpoint(EDR), Network, and SIEM Tools.
- Extensive knowledge of network and server security protocols, technologies, and products.
- Industry recognized certifications (CISSP, GCIH, GCFA, OSCP, etc) preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Relentless curiosity and attention to detail
- Desire to constantly improve