Senior Software Engineer
Job Description:The TeamThe Brokerage Recordkeeping, Margin and Compliance Modernization Domain is part of Fidelity Brokerage Technology (FBT). This Domain is playing a critical role in building the Next Generation (NextGen) brokerage platform, which is modernizing all core brokerage capabilities. This Domain is responsible for reimagining, modernizing, and migrating Recordkeeping, Margin, Compliance capabilities and data, to our future state best-in-class brokerage platform by using cutting edge technologies and innovations. We work closely with our business, operations, and systems partners to deliver modernized technology solutions, addressing the complex needs of our customers.The Purpose of Your RoleYou'll be part of the NextGen Modernization program, adopting a Fintech mindset to help build the next generation brokerage platform as a service based on event-driven processing and service-oriented architecture principles, focusing specifically on Books and records capabilities. You'll be part of the A team responsible for designing and architecting a complex microservices network which can process high volume transactions.You have the expertise and experience in designing complex network of microservices either spring, spring boot or lambda-based apps. This experience is critical since the opening is for someone who can lead, design, architect and built event-driven processing microservices which can process millions of records in the most efficient manner.You are experienced with the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks. 5-8 years of experience working with java is expected for this role.Experience working with aws managed solutions such as lambda, DynamoDB, api gateway, ec2, CloudWatch, route53, IAM roles/policies etc is expected.You have a passion for technology and can navigate your way across complex and rapidly changing landscapes by staying on top of latest trends and thrive by sharing knowledge.You are a creator, a doer, and a disruptor who will help us solve real-life problems and meet real customer needs. You'll be helping us build things, taking an idea, and creating rapid prototypes that are shippable and learn from real-life feedback.You care about cycle time and use CI/CD practices, tools to rapidly deploy changes to customers while minimizing risk using practices like A/B tests, blue-green deployments, and feature togglesYou have strong communication skills and technical expertise to drive and participate in meaningful discussions.The Skills You Bring
- Hands on experience in Java , Angular, Web Development and UNIX
- Hands on experience working with AWS EKS and AWS manages solutions such as lambda, dynomodb, api gateway, SQS, ec2, s3, CloudWatch, IAM roles/polices etc
- Hands on experience in Rest based microservices particularly spring boot apps
- Hands on experience in container-based development (Docker)
- Hands on experience in Hibernate ORM/JDBC/Connection Pooling etc
- Hands on experience working with EDA solutions such as Kafka/ MQ/ AWS SNS etc
- Familiarity working with OAuth 2.0 framework and scopes
- Experience in implementing Micro services Architecture & building / deploying highly automated, scalable and maintainable infrastructure.
- Knowledge on CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins, Stash, Artifactory, Terraform etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or greater is required
- We share knowledge to empower and connect everyone
- We live outside our comfort zone.
- We believe life is too short to not love what you do
- We know amazing people create great opportunities
- We are customers.
- We favor autonomy and take ownership