Director - FullStack Engineer
Job Description:The Team We are Fidelity Labs, Fidelity Investments' in-house fintech incubator with a mission to build new businesses to drive growth for Fidelity. We seek to craft the future of our industry by building new products and services to improve the lives of the diverse set of customers, businesses and financial institutions we serve.Fidelity Labs is a dynamic workplace that combines the best parts of startup life-building from scratch, adapting quickly, and moon-shot ambition-with the scale and stability of an industry leader. We provide a safe space for startup teams to explore new business ideas, quickly test them with customers, and scale the most promising concepts within an existing business unit, or as a new venture. Learn more at labs.fidelity.comThe RoleWe are seeking a highly motivated Director - Full Stack Engineer to join the Data Aggregation team at Fidelity Labs. Data Aggregation is a growing area and we are looking for a skilled engineer to drive design and development of industry leading external facing API solutions. The comprehensive API / data solutions will seek to bring together retail, clearing and custody capabilities to help external fintech partners with the financial goal planning, investment advice and financial projections capabilities to better serve our clients and more efficiently partner with them to accomplish their financial objectives.The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 12+ years' experience developing REST based web services using frameworks like SpringBoot
- Experience working with backend SQL or NoSQL databases
- Experience developing Spring Java batch solutions
- Experience with Apigee is a plus
- Good experience with Test Automation and Frameworks like Cucumber, Karate
- Good experience building and deploying software using Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) tools like Terracore, Jenkins.
- Proven experience in building and deploying software solutions utilizing public cloud provider services like AWS.
- Champions innovative technology solutions to resolve sophisticated business problems
- Works across groups to find opportunities for organization-wide technology initiatives
- Brings external information, ideas, and expertise back to the team
- Expert understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning
- Provides leadership and expertise to multiple teams in broad technical areas on sophisticated organization-wide projects
- Identify creative ways to drive desired outcomes and promote culture of innovation by setting examples.
- Collaborate with peers through code reviews, pair programming or interactive discussions daily.
- You are comfortable working across multiple squads and adaptable to change.
- Embrace customer-first mentality and enjoy developing user-friendly internet facing web applications that solve real life problems.
- Have a passion for following outstanding software engineering practices and always looking to improve your engineering skills and industry knowledge.
- Bring a data-driven & collaborative approach to decision making, both in day-to-day work and in making strategic trade-offs.
- Advises senior management on technical strategy
- Provide technical leadership to the squads across the product area who are responsible for building, deploying, and maintaining applications in AWS.
- Drive execution of multiple development work streams while ensuring design and architecture is scalable, resilient, and extensible.
- Contribute by developing solutions that help improve developer efficiency and share knowledge about new techniques and technologies.
- Ensure technology decisions and implementation align with Fidelity's architecture standards and strategies.
- Evaluate and recommend technology and frameworks for flexibility, long-term viability, and time to market.
- Analyzes and recommends changes in project development policies, procedures, standards, and strategies to development experts and management
- Provides ongoing assessment for improvement to application design
- Determines boundary and relationship between technical architecture and application layer
- Creates new design concepts and processes that improve the quality of technical design development