Cloud Software Engineer- AWS (Python/ Java)
Job Description:As a Software Engineer, build and maintain large scale data processing systems. Apply variety of technologies to develop innovative data solutions. This role is a critical element to delivering Fidelity's promise of creating the best customer experiences in financial services.The TeamPI Data Engineering team (part of PI Technology BU) is passionate about delivering data solutions for the organization. As part of this team, you will responsible for building advanced analytics solutions using various cloud technologies and collaborating with business units across Fidelity.The Expertise You Have
- Has Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.).
- 2+ years of experience in implementing data engineering solutions in data analytics space
- 2+ years of experience in developing data applications in Cloud (AWS)
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming (Java, Scala, Python) and building micro services (APIs) using AWS Services.
- Expertise in Relational (AWS RDS, Oracle & Postgres) and NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Elastic search, Graph database) and in-memory technologies (Elastic Cache).
- Experience developing event-driven/event stream processing applications using messaging technologies (ActiveMQ, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, Kafka, Lambda etc) is a plus.
- Experience developing ETL/ELT solutions using native AWS services.
- Good understanding of developing highly scalable distributed systems using AWS Services and Open-source technologies.
- Good understanding of containerization, orchestration technologies and DevOps functionality (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Chef, Docker).
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies (Kanban and SCRUM) is a plus.
- Understanding of Machine Learning is a plus.
- You have strong technical design and analysis skill.
- You the ability to deal with ambiguity and work in fast paced environment.
- Good experience supporting critical applications quickly.
- You have excellent communication skills, both through written and verbal channels.
- You have excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization.
- Your ability to understand and adapt to changing business priorities and technology advancements.
- Knowledge and technology trends in implementing of data driven ecosystem
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Designing, Building and supporting critical applications to provide the best customer experience.
- Exploring new technology trends and using them to simplify our data ecosystem.
- Driving Innovation and implementing solutions with future thinking.
- Collaborating with internal and external teams to deliver technology solutions for the business needs.
- Guiding teams to improve development agility and efficiency.
- Resolving technical roadblocks to the team and mitigating potential risks.
- Delivering system automation by setting up continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines.