Job Description:The RoleAs a Senior Data Analyst in the Data and Analytics Technology group, you will have the opportunity to provide data analysis leadership across multiple prioritized initiatives. This position requires excellent analytical skills, superb communication skills and the ability to work on different projects with diverse scope, complex business and technical requirements in a multi-platform and highly integrated data environment.The Expertise and Skills You Bring
The TeamAs the squad's IT data analyst, you will be encouraged to quickly gain understanding of the various data lakes on Fidelity's data platform. The squad is within the Business Intelligence Transformation product area, whose mission is to enable data driven decision making across Fidelity Institutional. Squad members come together from their role-centric chapters and are staffed to the Squad to accomplish the work. A persistent, collaborative bunch, the Squad accepts priorities from their Squad lead, but has autonomy over how they accomplish the goal of each sprint.Your chapter-based alignment is how your career growth is honed through your learning day experiences, and how you maintain an enterprise-wide understanding and vision of the context of your work.Certifications:Company OverviewFidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients' money.Join UsAt Fidelity, you'll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples' lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don't need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you've always imagined.At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we're calling "Dynamic Working."We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.We welcome those with experience in jobs such as Software Developer, Computer Technician, and Computer User Support Specialist and others in the Computers and Technology to apply.
- You are an expert in gathering business requirements and translating them to data solutions. You are skilled at effectively defining use cases and simplifying complex concepts.
- You are able to define user stories and can break up complex work into digestible work elements. You have a good, applied knowledge of agile methodologies and practices. Familiarity with Jira / Jira Align is a big plus.
- You have an excellent working knowledge of SQL.
- You understand and communicate sophisticated concepts effectively to a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical. You make the complicated simple.
- You have a passion for continuous learning, mastering of new skills, and staying on top of the latest innovations across data analytics.
- You have experience navigating integrated enterprise data and working across multi-functional teams. You are able to identify alternative approaches and make recommendations on the benefits and shortcomings of each approach.