Summer Arts & Education Camp Counselor (Appleton YMCA)
If viewing this job on an external jobs site, please apply directly through the YMCA of the Fox Cities at : https://secure4.entertimeonline.com/ta/6149200.careers?CareersSearch=
Do you spend most of your time exploring your creativity through painting, sculpture, music, theater, or dance? Why not share your enthusiasm with others? Come join us this summer as an Arts & Education Summer Camp Instructor!
The Arts & Education Instructor will teach Arts & Education summer camps. Must love art. Art enthusiasts of all degrees are encourage to apply. View the list of camps offered here: Appleton YMCA Summer Arts & Education Camps
Two Openings: Position will be June-August 2023; Instructor will work 15-20 hours per week & an Assistant will work about 15 hours/week.
Duties Include, but not Limited to the Following:
- Engaging students in the creative process and cultivating their talents to express their personal sense of “voice”, while deepening their knowledge and understanding of art, design, and art history.
- Design and adapt lesson plans to meet the individual needs of students.
- Work with Coordinator and other Arts & Education teachers to be constantly evolving class offerings
- Collaborate with other departments within YMCA such as wellness, sports, child care, and more to create multi-faceted classes.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings, and department events as requested.
- Participate in and assist with special planned events to promote Arts & Education classes.
- Attend training sessions and workshops as available.
Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Experience working or volunteering with children in an education or professional setting. Degree is preferred but not required.
- Love to learn new skills, subjects and methods and incorporate them into the classroom
- Passion for the creating of art, and the sharing art with others.
- Openness to new ideas, embrace change, and continue to learn.
This summer, come join us at the Y, Where Work is Play!
Benefits of joining our team: Free YMCA membership, Y Retirement Plan, 403(B) Retirement Option.
You will have the opportunity to grow in a professional, supportive environment. Here, you can apply your experience, knowledge and abilities, while discovering new talents within yourself as you affect positive change in the lives of those around you. Whether you enjoy working with kids, adults or seniors, the benefits of working at the YMCA stay with you for a lifetime. Discover your passion at the Y!
The YMCA is for all. We make sure that everyone, no matter their age, gender, race, ability, or any other identifier, is welcomed as part of the YMCA family. We are proud to celebrate diversity as an equal opportunity workplace.