Description and FunctionsOpen Until FilledGENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is for a building and grounds specialist in building maintenance, troubleshooting systems, and performing repairs for the Wyoming Law Enforcement Academy.Human Resource Contact: 307-777-7893 Tara GrossESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Implement daily care within preventive maintenance schedules and perform minor repairs to the specific areas assigned by the buildings and grounds supervisor.
- Responsible for the facility's security and secures the entire training facility at the daily close of operations.
- Assist HVAC specialist and buildings and grounds supervisor in systems maintenance, building repairs, vehicle repairs, lawn care, and all aspects of the exterior of the facility and surrounding buildings and other projects.
- Perform scheduled, preventive, and regular or emergency maintenance and repair in specifically assigned areas.
- Perform maintenance, diagnosis, fault analysis, and repairs on heating, ventilation, and air condition systems.
- Assist with facility troubleshooting, maintenance repair, fleet management, and improvement projects.
- Repair various items, including walls, ceilings, and lamp replacements utilizing hand tools and diagnostic tools and equipment.
- Inspect, diagnose, repair, and maintain custodial and construction equipment. Work as an assistant to Facility Specialist in trade areas such as plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, painting. Assist with vehicle maintenance and automotive repair.
- Responsible for the lawn care (mowing, fertilizing, weeding, and irrigation), clearing sidewalks and roadways of snow and ice.
- Rotate for weekend building checks as well as performing checks for facility operation in extreme weather.
- Record keeping; utilize computer workstation to logging, reports, resource identification, receiving and sending an email, and logging work time.
- Inventory and budget; make periodic inspections for tags, repairs, and recommend replacement of inventory that is no longer serviceable or useful; assist with specification and upgrade of all repaired and replaced equipment; other duties as assigned.
Preference to applicants with an associate's degree plus 0-1 years of work experience in buildings and grounds construction and maintenance.
Preference to those with experience in installation, wiring, testing, and repair of electrical systems and equipment; maintenance and repair of heating, ventilation, and air condition systems; maintenance, repair, and installation of plumbing, air conditioning, heating systems, and boilers; automotive or heavy equipment maintenance repair, automotive or diesel technology.KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of OSHA and ADA codes and the hazards and safety precautions of the trade
- Knowledge of construction, materials, and building maintenance methods and practices
- Knowledge of installation, wiring, testing, and repair of electrical systems and equipment
- Knowledge of complex heating, ventilation, and air condition system diagnosis and repairs
- Knowledge of plumbing and boiler systems
- Knowledge of small engine, automotive, diesel or heavy equipment maintenance diagnosis, repair
- Knowledge of internal combustion gasoline/diesel engine mechanical capabilities.
- Knowledge of the quality and cost of materials
- Knowledge of basic math
- Knowledge of agency policies and procedures
- Knowledge of basic computer operations.
- Skill and knowledge in the safe use of a variety of tools and equipment.
- Skill in human relations and communication, using tact and fairness when dealing with facility customers, guests, vendors, and staff members.
- Skill and ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair HVAC, water circulating systems, and vehicle/grounds equipment.
- Skill and ability in reading blueprints, inspecting complex building systems, and distinguishing abnormal noises, odors, and vibrations in mechanical equipment areas.
- Skill and ability in accessing, investigating, and giving formal recommendations for cost-effective purchases dealing with the training equipment materials, supplies, and repair parts.
- Skill in lock and security systems.
- Ability to record, file, and write reports when dealing with work activity, job tasks, and facility reports
- Ability to communicate with facility users, guests, and staff members via personal communication, telephone, or written information
- Ability to assist with small engine maintenance, diagnose and complete needed repairs for lawn equipment, circulation pumps, and vehicles.
0-1 years of progressive work experience (typically in Building and Grounds) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Building and Grounds Assistant II
Education & Experience Substitution:
2-4 years of progressive work experience (typically in Building and Grounds) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Building and Grounds Assistant II
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to stand, squat, or sit for long periods; to lift heavy objects or equipment and climb fixed or portable ladders.
- Ability to work in areas that have noise decibels at a level higher than usual and to work in temperatures that are warmer and or cooler than comfortable
- Ability to work with hazardous materials, biohazards, and the elements
- Ability to drive vehicles and operate complex tools and grounds maintenance equipment
- Ability to work overtime or be on-call as necessary
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Successful applicants are required to pass a background investigation.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
015-Attorney General - Wyoming Law Enforcement Academy - Maintenance
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.