Vice President, Operations – Flo-Back Equipment Inc.
Wolverine Energy and Infrastructure is the parent to a diversified group of best in class service and rentals providers for resource producers and distributors in the United States and Western Canada, operating in the energy, mining, and infrastructure industries. We have divisions specializing in the full cycle of midstream environmental services and energy services, offering transportation, construction, exploration, completions, and heavy equipment rentals. The key to our success has been our amazing staff, procedures and training, and a relentless dedication to client satisfaction.
We are looking for a leader with an interest in the energy industry to fill a role as a Vice President, Operations for our US Division, Flo-Back Equipment Inc. as we look to expand our operations. This is a role that encompasses and services the rapidly changing, dynamic, energy industry in Wyoming, with stakeholders also in the energy rentals, production testing, fresh water management, oilfield construction, wastewater disposal, and heavy equipment subsectors. The ideal candidate for this position will be organized and responsible with excellent communication skills. This position will be based out of our office in Casper, Wyoming.
The successful applicant will wear many different hats and will bring their expertise to all areas of the business. We are looking for someone who can meet with stakeholders and explain every aspect of our business, from operations to corporate strategy and vision. The candidate will be expected to possess a strong grasp of the energy rentals and services markets in the regions we serve – Wyoming, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, and Texas. As well, an understanding of further markets will be required as we continue to expand our business.
An ability to serve as a reliable point of contact for clients, vendors, colleagues and managers is necessary. This role contributes to the success of the organization by managing customer relationships and requirements to enhance the growth of the business.
We are looking for a true business partner who can grow our operations and is seeking an opportunity to be a part of an entrepreneurial team. Flo-Back strives to maintain a small business feel, focused on developing long term relationships with our valued suppliers, vendors and customers. Our leaders and employees are available at any time to address any outstanding questions or concerns. At our core, we are a small business that understands the critical importance of reliable partnerships. If this sounds like you; we’d love to meet you.
The successful candidate is accountable for but not limited to:
- Leading the business through the full-cycle of operations, from the bidding process to the completion of the project
- Understanding and reporting the financial return requirements of the business, including but not limited to Return on Invested Capital and Return on Equity requirements
- Ensuring work is done safely, within budget and on-time
- Leading and establishing a culture of high performance and diligence
- Directing hiring, scheduling, dispatching, logistics and all associated paperwork
- Generating new business and maintaining current relationships while ensuring corporate return on equity requirements are satisfied or exceeded
- Servicing new and existing clients in a sales outreach / customer service role
- Guiding the business development team on strategic initiatives to grow the business
- Creating and adjusting sales presentations and processes to accurately reflect Flo-Back’s commitment to excellence and innovation
- Monitoring industry activity and reporting on competitor activity levels
- Maintaining a professional operational and technical understanding of the products and services being sold; prior operational experience working in the crane/transport/heavy haul industries would be an asset
- Managing direct reports, including HSE Manager, IT Manager, Corporate Controller, and multiple Operations Managers
- Balancing and managing employee and customer needs while ensuring service and safety are never compromised
- Communicating with employees and clients by phone and email throughout the day
- Representing the company and all of its affiliates in a professional manner, in person or otherwise (including personal or corporate social media channels)
- 15+ years of energy/rentals/construction/mining/transportation industry experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of managerial experience
- Post-secondary education in accounting, business, communications, economics, marketing, operations management, or related fields (equivalencies will be considered) would be an asset
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office required
- Prior experience in SAP ByDesign (CRM) would be an asset
- Ability to quickly pick up new technologies and systems
Benefits and Additional Details
- Competitive starting salary and compensation structure
- Extended health and dental benefits following completion of probationary period
- Travel expense reimbursements
- Dynamic, growing company in a competitive industry
- Rewarding opportunity to take on a executive role in a start up, entrepreneurial environment
Flo-Back Equipment Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flo-Back does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial or municipal law.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this posting, please click the Apply Now button below. No telephone or agency inquires please.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Expected start date: 2020-11-02
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- managerial: 5 years (Required)
- energy industry: 10 years (Preferred)
- Casper, WY 82604 (Required)
- Give us an example of a time that you took on an entrepreneurial venture? Explain.