Job family (Series)
0346 Logistics Management
- Logistics Managers
- Logistics Specialists
- Managers, Logistics
- Specialists, Logistics
Conditions of Employment
Must be a current military member of WY Army Nat'l Guard
Must submit ERB with application.
Refer to Required Documents section for additional details and links.
Must possess or be able to obtain/maintain a T3/SECRET security clearance.
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigationEMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS:
Technicians are paid through Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer (DD/EFT).
The Selected applicant must complete an "I-9, Employment Verification", "OF-306, Declaration of Federal Employment", and a "Declaration of Relatives in the Wyoming Military Department" prior to the appointment date.
Military Technicians are ineligible for military enlistment, retention, and student loan repayment bonuses.
Acceptance of a Technician position will terminate these military incentives.
Acceptance of a permanent or indefinite position will cause termination from the Selected Reserve Incentive
Program (SRIP) and TRICARE Reserve Select (TRS).
Relocation expenses will not be paid by the Government unless noted in the Announcement.
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive MAY BE authorized, if eligible. Subject to funding and TAG approval.
PCS is not authorized in lieu of incentives.
Military Technicians in the excepted service will wear the appropriate uniform while performing as a
Veteran's preference does not apply to National Guard Technician positions in accordance with Title 32 USC 709(f).CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
2. This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
3. Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
4. May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
5. The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
MILITARY GRADEMin: E2/PV2Max: E7/SFC
Enlisted applicant's military grade cannot exceed the maximum military grade authorized. Applicants' under or those over-grade will not be considered for this vacancy. Acceptance of this position does not in any way constitute a military promotion.DESCRIPTION OF WORK: Work involves performing or supervising staff work in planning and coordinating logistical support activities to provide the money, manpower, material, facilities, and services needed to support a specified mission at the time and place they are needed.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess experience, education or training involving judgment and/or analytical ability in the logistics field. Experience using computer and automation systems.SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Must possess at least 24 months experience, education, or training involving detailed knowledge of organizations and their functions in logistical support (i.e., supply, maintenance, quality assurance, facilities). Experience integrating actions of a variety of specialized support activities in order to meet program goals. Experience interpreting and applying regulations, laws or practices. Experience planning and organizing work assignments.NOTE: Minimum Requirements and Specialized Experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position. Applicants must provide from (e.g. 02/2015 - 03/2017 or Feb 2017 - Mar 2017) dates and hours worked per week with description of your specialized experience on the resume.MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENTS:
Enlisted: 91, 92, or 94 series MOSDRIVER'S LICENSE:
Must possess a valid state's driver's license.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: College transcripts must be submitted only when substituting education for experience.
Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in any field leading to a bachelor's degree, in an accredited college or university, meets the GS-5 level requirements.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx)
The Wyoming Military Department's (WYMD) 335, Personnel - General Merit Placement & Promotion Plan, 15 February 2018, is available at:
Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the Wyoming National Guard Human Resource Office, you must apply on-line via www.USAJOBS.gov. The Human Resource can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Noncritical-Sensitive (NCS)/Moderate Risk
Trust determination process
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume which includes:
- Your full name, mailing address, email address, and phone numbers where you can be reached
- A narrative of your work (paid or unpaid), training, education, and/or other experiences that may be related to this vacancy
- Show actual begin and end dates (e.g. 02/2015 - 03/2017 or Feb 2017 - Mar 2017) format and hours worked per week for all work experience submitted.
- List all pertinent civilian and military experiences
- Describe your duties (work experience) in your own words. Do not submit copies or official position descriptions.
2. Other supporting documents: Cover Letter - Optional Records Review
Wyoming Army National Guard members must submit Enlisted Record Brief (ERB) with application. College transcripts must be submitted only when substituting education for experience.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in any field leading to a bachelor's degree, in an accredited college or university, meets the GS-5 level requirements.
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide unofficial copies of transcripts from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a Logistics Management Specialist, Position Description Number D1177000 and is part of the WY Training Center Command, National Guard.
The purpose of this position is to function as the logistics manager of the organization responsible for accomplishment and oversight of logistics plans, activities, and actions.
(1) Develops, implements and evaluates the logistic policies for the organization.
(2) Ensures compliance with the command supply discipline program, command maintenance discipline program, and other directed command inspection programs.
(3) Provides guidance and funds management for all decentralized logistic funds.
(4) May be required to represent the National Guard and the unit Commander in the community.
(5) Provides technical guidance and assistance to all organizational logistic personnel pertaining to the accountability of all property assigned to the organization. This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job is open to
National Guard & Reserves
Current members, those who want to join, or transitioning military members.
Clarification from the agency
Only current members of the Wyoming Army National Guard will be considered for this vacancy.